NL2 Ask Thread
Just Jay, send me your Saved Park Package file, i will look into it.
Problem is solved. U need to choose the correct train. In this case u needed to choose : INTAMIN LAUNCH coaster.
The error mssg came from an forgotten to add the lenght of track part for the wheel (inside the launch)
Hi Just Jay. I had the same problem and here in NolimistCentral they helped me. You just need to select the coaster style as if it was a Mack Launch Coaster.
I did help Jay with problem. I solved all the problems. Case closed.
I have a problem...
When I Extract a Park Package It doesn't give me the option to secure the package with a password...
How do I get the option?
Do you have NL2 standard or pro? I think it is a pro feature
Thnx 4 The Help
What would the easiest way to get a flashing red light for like the top of coasters lift hills?
With NL2mat file over an surface
Can someone add this to my jet coaster?
The brake/catch car that slams down as the train is going backwards on the first spike. Plus the launch part before the spike? I already have the lim section behind the station.
Is there a way to open the nl2park_backup file? Because the nl2park file looks to be corrupt and the backup file not
Erase the "backup" part of the file name and then you can open it normally. Seems like there should be a more intuitive way?
Can anyone help me with my audio in this video? It's got a lot of static and sounds bad. What can I do to fix this?
Hi Alex, it sounds like (no joke) your processor can't handle the recording from sound and video. U can try to set your export video to an lower value.
That's strange because it worked just fine before. I've lowered the resolution, which helped. I don't want to lower it too much because high-quality videos are nicer. It helped a bit, though there's still some static. I wonder if an update did anything.
Did u change soundcard or something with your sound ? or perhaps a new processor ?
I have not made any changes. The computer is new as of May. Video recording at the highest resolution has always been fine until now.
Edit: I am attempting to update my graphics card drivers. Maybe that will help. A Windows update was preventing them from auto updating.
OK let me know if u have any improvements
No improvements. I have no idea what's going on. I made a video a little over a month ago, and it was fine. I haven't changed anything in my computer, and my video-capturing specs are the same.
Edit: I emailed the dev team.
Did u store it on a memorystick ? and loaded it from the memorystick into the video editing software ?
Maybe i don't know, just asking.
try to record WITHOUT your camera being perfectly centered between both rail, and check if you still get that issue. On my side it's the reason when I get that sound bug.
Moving the camera slightly off center has fixed the problem. That's strange and has never happened before. But it's solved. Thanks for the help.
Has anyone attempted a 4D free Spin on NL and is it hard to get a the free spinning effect?
Yes, I just uploaded a video about something like that:
I can remember having also seen some 4d Free Spin or Zac Spin footage from others, I cant remember from whom exactly.
It's actually quite simple to implement that in NL2, how hard it feels most likely highly depends on some previous knowledge.
If you know how to write the equation of motion for such a system from physics (angular momentum is the key word there) and with just basic programming knowledge it might be straight forward to numerically evaluate these equations in real time for simulations like these already.
There's also some great article about the basics game physics online if one needs some inspiration ideas how this can be done (the naive approach mentioned there already works great for spinning rides like this), there are also more interesting posts about this field on that website.

Since the Ask Thread is gone (if I'm right), here's a new one because I have a question:
I'm using TCM's Modern Intamin LSM kit but I don't get the wheels to attach to my track (even not if i'm lowering the heartline).And second my nose car isn't placed well, it is colliding with my first car.I redownloaded the version from the resource thread but with no results...
Edit: Wheels are fixed, second problem isn't fixed yet. Here's a better example of what I mean:
Left is what it does in the SIM, right is what it is supposed to look