NL2 Ask Thread
Is there a 3ds attachable zac spin car that I can use for a new coaster for jamp up land? I want to make a bootleg ball coaster.
Hi there! I'm looking into buying an Oculus VR headset.
The NL2 website says the Oculus Rift CV1 and DK2 are compatible, but will the Oculus Rift S or Quest (with or without Oculus Link) be compatable with NL2?
Are there any hidden benefits to using NL2 with VR? Is it worth the investment?
Rift S works fine, Quest with Oculus Link I wouldn't reccomend based on what people have been saying about latency/performance drawbacks
Also if you want to use VR for NL2 then you will need a pretty powerful computer to run most high end parks at anything beyond 40fps in VR, which may be nauseating for people not used to VR
Will someone here make a blank cartexture for the rmcs?
Is there an easy way to get rid of the "banking wobble" on Wooden/Hybrid coasters? There is no Spine that I could line up with the Spline/Heartline. Is there anything else I can use or do I have to try to get it right?
Hey, does anyone knows how to turn off shadows in NL2?
RedLimitsCoasters posted on January 12th, 2020
Is there an easy way to get rid of the "banking wobble" on Wooden/Hybrid coasters? There is no Spine that I could line up with the Spline/Heartline. Is there anything else I can use or do I have to try to get it right?
I haven't actually built anything in NL for a while now, but if i remember correctly, i think it has something to do with strict roll/banking nodes. I think you uncheck the box so they're not strict. See if that helps you.
Womp83 posted on January 12th, 2020
I haven't actually built anything in NL for a while now, but if i remember correctly, i think it has something to do with strict roll/banking nodes. I think you uncheck the box so they're not strict. See if that helps you.
That's not the problem i've got. I'm talking about that problem that's caused by the continus roll thats used by NL2. Take a look at the Handbuilding Bible Thread. There is the explanation to get rid of it but that tehcnique only works for tracks that have a spine in the middle and Wooden/Hybrid coasters don't have one
AceDFe19 posted on January 12th, 2020
Hey, does anyone knows how to turn off shadows in NL2?
Go to setup on the main screen and its under the details tab I believe turn shadows down to zero.
Is there any way to create proper/any catwalks for the hybrid coaster type? lift/brake catwalks like on other coaster types don't generate on the hybrid coaster, and using the wooden generator to create catwalks applies it to the whole ride instead of just the lift/brakes. Any way to fix this?
^You have to do that via segment style settings and then individual settings under 'wooden support generator'.
UtahCoasterEnth posted on January 12th, 2020
Go to setup on the main screen and its under the details tab I believe turn shadows down to zero.
Thanks alot!
Pro tip: when generating RMC style supports, go to the segments that you want catwalks and hand rails on and set those in the style settings. Then when generating the full structure, uncheck the options for catwalks and hand rails when building the whole structure.
As for eliminating "wobble", I covered that in the official webinars. You don't need a spine to do it. It's a matter of using strict roll nodes with continuous roll nodes set somewhere between 4 and 8 degrees different than the strict, then continue rolling from there. A little trial and error and you're all set to smoothly transition from strict track into and out of a roll.
-Ride_Op
The new Hybrid update is amazing. I have noticed though that sometimes the collision detection of wood supports doesn't work. Is anyone else noticing that?
Hello,
i have seen that JP has made 360° Videos from his coaster "(1/16/20) 360° POVs! - The [OMITTED] Misadventures of Cherry Bomb". But i cannot find an option in the video export settings for 360° videos. Does Nolimit has an option to export a 360° Video? If you have a very big park, framerate becomes low and a video is the only way to get constant framerates. With a 360° video it can be interesting for use with VR glasses. Or has JP used a special tool to make 360° videos? Of coarse a 360° video will be only 2D, not 3D (for 3D, pictures must be calculated directly by PC), but you can look around during ride.
Best regards
@ AndyW go to SETUP > VIDEO EXPORT > Drop downmenu Preset > on the bottomside of that list u find 360 export setting (I have a PRO version) don't know if in STANDARD version that 360 option is.
Hello,
it seems that i need an update, i have only normal video formats listed up to 3840*2160. But on the nolimits homepage i cannot find a link for updates. How do i get the latest update? I have the professional version, but the PC for it is not connected with the internet. For safety reasons i use a mini PC with Linux for internet. I hope i need not to buy nolimits again to get the actual version and it is fully compatible with parks made with older versions of NoLimits 2.
Best regards
AndyW posted on January 17th, 2020
Hello,
it seems that i need an update, i have only normal video formats listed up to 3840*2160. But on the nolimits homepage i cannot find a link for updates. How do i get the latest update? I have the professional version, but the PC for it is not connected with the internet. For safety reasons i use a mini PC with Linux for internet. I hope i need not to buy nolimits again to get the actual version and it is fully compatible with parks made with older versions of NoLimits 2.Best regards
You can just purchase the upgrade to pro. That's what I did 3 years ago. All your parks will still work.
^^ The latest update can be found and downloaded here.
Hello roro,
i have not seen this downloads before because noscript was active. Now i see the links, thank you for it. Will the update work without internet connection during running update exe-file? I do not need to buy upgrade to professional becaue i have already purchased the professional version.
Best regards
@AndyW check your PM
I've been trying to record videos using the in-game video recorder, but whenever I go to view the .mov file, it's only audio. I've tried adjusting the video export settings within the setup menu, and still no luck. Any advice?
^ Record in MOV PNG format. That should be viewable by most video players/editors out there.
-Ride_Op
^ It is still set to MOV PNG, does this mean I need to change something else?

I'm looking for some advice on graphics cards for optimising NoLimits. I'm building a new system (almost solely for NL2) as my laptop can't handle busy parks. Not looking at spending a fortune on the card (under £100) but wondered if a gaming card like a GeForce would be better or more of a 3D workstation card, like an Nvidia Quadro. Anyone got any thoughts or experience?