NL2 Ask Thread
Picking up on what he said, just set the brake speed limit much higher than your train speed. You could set it to 100 mph if you want. Since the brakes always close during an e-stop, adjust the other settings accordingly and it should work as intended.
If you're using transport tires/LIMs, you'll want to set the deceleration on the transport to be very low (or zero) as well, so that they too don't slow down your train. (However, most MCBR's don't use transports, so that method is not recommended for realism. You'll want to slope your MCBR downwards a bit so your train can roll off with gravity in an e-stop situation.)
Shall I upload my cigarette world park on the exchange here?
I can't for the life of me get codes lsm launch fins to attach to the track. Can someone help me?
Did you insert the lenght of the track piece in the scenery properties? The name of the launch Fins object must be the lenght(meters) of the launch track.
See this image :

it still wont attach
Did u place in the coaster called "Trains" the 2 Tracktiggers called "Station" (1 at the beginning and one at the end) ??
Send me your Packagefile : svhas2004@home.nl Subject "Launch Fins"
@ VaCoasterFanatic Check your email. its fixed
disco posted on April 30th, 2020
Picking up on what he said, just set the brake speed limit much higher than your train speed. You could set it to 100 mph if you want. Since the brakes always close during an e-stop, adjust the other settings accordingly and it should work as intended.
If you're using transport tires/LIMs, you'll want to set the deceleration on the transport to be very low (or zero) as well, so that they too don't slow down your train. (However, most MCBR's don't use transports, so that method is not recommended for realism. You'll want to slope your MCBR downwards a bit so your train can roll off with gravity in an e-stop situation.)
Thank you very much! I tried setting the friction to zero but then it didn't work in an emergency either. Your advice fixed my problem. :)
Hi!
I don't know if I'm wrong but I remember that NL1 had a multi camera view... I mean, using a target view but depending where the train is, the camera position change by itself... In NL2 we don't have this option? 🤔
Thank you
@ Gominoloridesinc :
Yes use tracked camera.
Custom script on this forum.
Here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7ldbpejh1s4c5z/Custom Tracked Target Camera.zip?dl=0
MrRC posted on May 7th, 2020
@ Gominoloridesinc :
Yes use tracked camera.
Custom script on this forum.
Here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7ldbpejh1s4c5z/Custom Tracked Target Camera.zip?dl=0
Great! Do you have a tutorial or something to learn how it works? Thank you
So I restarted my computer after it was acting funny and I try to open an NL2 park I was doing. Except it gives me an error every time it says the following:
Renderer: D3D11 Cannot load file (Invalid file format)
Failed file: "C:\Users\ellis\Documents\com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2\Infinity\Infinity.nl2park"
used in: C:\Users\ellis\Documents\com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2\Infinity\Infinity.nl2park
I tried opening another different NL2 park I had and it worked. In fact every other NL2 park both the ones that come with the game and the couple that I have worked on all load up fine except this latest one that I have been working on.
I'm a little bummed out because I really liked what I had made. Any ideas on how to get it back or fix the issue? Please help :3
There is a file on your system, called Infinity with extension nl2park_ backup
if u change the extension to nl2park, u should open it and its all back
Edit That worked like a charm! Thanks so much! ^
Lesssss posted on May 12th, 2020
Edit That worked like a charm! Thanks so much! ^
No problem
Hi!
Maybe it's a stupid question: If I want do a custom station, how I could know the size to do it. Importing and exporting all time till get the correct size? I don't know the best way to make the custom objects in the correct scale.
Cheers,
Just make it with supports.
gominoloridesinc posted on May 15th, 2020
Hi!
Maybe it's a stupid question: If I want do a custom station, how I could know the size to do it. Importing and exporting all time till get the correct size? I don't know the best way to make the custom objects in the correct scale.
Cheers,
You don't need to make it with supports like Jetcoasterfan said. But you can use 2 free nodes and a support beam to measure the distances. (Using the Page Up/Down and Arrow Keys with a snaping distance of 0,01m is going to be helpful to move the nodes)
RedLimitsCoasters posted on May 15th, 2020
You don't need to make it with supports like Jetcoasterfan said. But you can use 2 free nodes and a support beam to measure the distances. (Using the Page Up/Down and Arrow Keys with a snaping distance of 0,01m is going to be helpful to move the nodes)
Nice trick, I hope in future updates have a tool to do this. Thank you
Can some one point me in the direction to someone to get the RMC Raptor track and trains kit? Thanks
Thanks!
Is the 'Poster Screenshot' only available with the pro version? The help menu shows that the shortcut is 'L' but nothing happens when I press it.

Depends on a diversity of settings :
Its a combination of :
Speed Limit
Hysteresis (your wiggle room how accurate the speed must be (1 = very accurate / 20 or so less accurate)
Deceleration (how hard your brake grips on the train)
Position is also very importand (u can make it brake very hard on a very short piece of track)