NL2 Ask Thread
Is it possible to have an invisble track with the friction wheels showing? When using a chain lift it still shows the lift, but when I change the chain to friction wheels it's completley gone
I would make the wheels from supports.
I'm trying to import some Collada files from blender but for some reason, I will just fall through them in walk mode. Some times it is just a portion of the object that I fall through, other times it is the entire object. I've tried changing the thickness, textures, remaking the .sco file but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to solve it?
^ Maybe your object's normals are the wrong way round. And what should be a solid surface, the game thinks is empty space.
If you're using the new version of Blender, click the little dropdown arrow next to your shading options, and check the box for 'backface culling'. Then check your model and make sure there's no see-through parts on a walkable surface. Everything should be solid.
See if that helps.
Womp83 posted on May 30th, 2020
^ Maybe your object's normals are the wrong way round. And what should be a solid surface, the game thinks is empty space.
If you're using the new version of Blender, click the little dropdown arrow next to your shading options, and check the box for 'backface culling'. Then check your model and make sure there's no see-through parts on a walkable surface. Everything should be solid.
See if that helps.
Nope, that's not it. All the walkable surfaces are solid. What is baffling to me is that one polygon in Blender, once imported into NoLimits, can be walked on for a portion of it and I fall through it in the next instant. It also only appears to be flat surfaces and simple shapes like stairs that are having this issue. I haven't had issues with more complex items like rock work. Does this provide any more insight?
Brave Coasters posted on May 31st, 2020
Nope, that's not it. All the walkable surfaces are solid. What is baffling to me is that one polygon in Blender, once imported into NoLimits, can be walked on for a portion of it and I fall through it in the next instant. It also only appears to be flat surfaces and simple shapes like stairs that are having this issue. I haven't had issues with more complex items like rock work. Does this provide any more insight?
Hmmm, not really. I'm kinda stumped to be honest, lol. Sorry i can't help you further. Hopefully someone else here may know a fix.
I haven't run into an issue like that before.
I have the same as i use a custom train and try to go ONRIDE (while i standing in the coach) I have an very large indoor (dark) ride, that has several levels. If there is a gap between the transfer from one to the other level, (I use a TransferTable as elevator incl tilting the custom coaster coach to keep it level) then i fall out of the coaster coach.
Brave Coasters posted on May 29th, 2020
I'm trying to import some Collada files from blender but for some reason, I will just fall through them in walk mode. Some times it is just a portion of the object that I fall through, other times it is the entire object. I've tried changing the thickness, textures, remaking the .sco file but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to solve it?
Ok, I've been able to solve the issue of falling through the object in walk mode by exporting as a .obj file. However, I'm now getting an error message saying "Internal path with \ detected: Replacing \ with /." Any idea how to solve this?
I'm getting the same error message for my object as well Brave. Hoping somebody can give a response soon!
@ Brave Coasters, can u send me a Packagefile of your park to my email svhas2004@home.nl
And i wil look into it.
U have to remember i'm In Europe (Due the several hour time difference)
MrRC posted on June 8th, 2020
@ Brave Coasters, can u send me a Packagefile of your park to my email svhas2004@home.nl
And i wil look into it.
U have to remember i'm In Europe (Due the several hour time difference)
I think I may have figured it out. I went into the parks directory where I exported the obj file in Blender and deleted the mtl file which seems to have fixed the error.
@ Brave Coasters . Good u found the cause for your problem. Good luck with your project.
Edit: I got them working. There needs to be more than a 1x1 grid for it to work.
How do I make tracer lights look right? I've created some in the Light Pattern Creator, but I can't get them to look right. They come out like this:

The below image is roughly what my settings are to generate the lights.

I want a single row of lights. If there's a way to make them actually chase, that'd be helpful too. What do I do?
Okay, I have been browsing around but so far I cannot find anywhere a proper (recent/clear) answer. Apparently there should be some X-box controller support for NoLimits 2. But I've been messing around for a while but I can't seen to edit my in-game controls to the controller.
Steam recognizes the controller, the computer recognizes the controller. All buttons and triggers seem to work too and respond. But when I try to map the controls, nothing happens. Even during VR nothing seems to work. I'm using an X-Box One controller, I have tried using them wireless and wired. Made no difference.
Anyone knows how I can get it to work? It would make using NoLimits in VR much easier and comfortable. (Trying to find keys on a keyboard with a VR glasses on, just doesn't work.)
i need help script a onboard audio
raptoralex posted on June 12th, 2020
How do I make tracer lights look right? I've created some in the Light Pattern Creator, but I can't get them to look right. They come out like this:
From what I can tell, u have a 1x1 grid and the only box in it is unselected, so u wouldnt have any lights anyways. Try setting the lights to 2 steps and a 2x1 grid, and select one black box for one step, and the other for the next. If you need any more help just message me!
^ It was the 1x1 grid that made it not work. I fixed that.
Is there a way to have background mountains on one side of the environment? Or to span across the horizon instead of surround the park?
Is it possible to raise or lower the water table?
@ Skye, yes that possible
^no it isn't. but it is possible to move everything else which is how it's usually done.
Skye posted on July 14th, 2020
Is it possible to raise or lower the water table?
No. But if you use the water object that is used for the splashdown effect, you can fake it.
MrRC posted on July 15th, 2020
@ Skye, yes that possible
If this is possible, you should say how. People are asking for answers so they can do it in their parks. Just saying yes doesn't help. And I'm fairly certain it's not possible.
U can lower ground level (sets water level closer to the land surface) of the surface u build on. U better can do that before u start building. U can't change the water level really. But u can change de building surface closer or less closer to the water.
So I have one park that one of the coasters in it won't import out of and freezes the program. But other coasters out of that park will import to other parks. Has anyone ran into this and maybe has a solution?
UtahCoasterEnth posted on August 6th, 2020
So I have one park that one of the coasters in it won't import out of and freezes the program. But other coasters out of that park will import to other parks. Has anyone ran into this and maybe has a solution?
Never had that problem
But if u like send me a PM to work this out.

Yes, that feature is only available in the pro version.