Golden Heights Contest - Chapter 2
Can I put a truss for jet coaster supports 6.5 feet above the surface of the water?
Your footers have to be 6.5ft above the water, so you can make something like this if u want

Does it have to be over the green supports all the time or can there just be a higher. So would something like a top hat would be fine?
I have already begun making my 100% custom support senyo kogyo jet coaster station.

Only once, so a top hat in the green zone is enough
Are we good to use custom trains/scenery, or does it have to be vanilla NL2? I'm assuming yes judging from last year's but may aswell check :|
Of course, you can use custom trains and scenery! Some entries had the RMC trains from TheCodeMaster, and that was fine. Custom scenery doesn't get extra points tho, but it is a nice addition :)
It's finally there, the official Golden Heights Contest 2 map!
Remember you have time until 1 January, you can choose which time zone.
Finished? Send a download link without password to goldenheightscontest@gmail.com
Please include in the subject your name for the results.
Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r47Llj6LF9UBgG6QJALKXUnLKX_q3ZT3/view?usp=sharing
This zip file includes:
Normal map
Lite version
FVD++ terrain overlay
If you have any questions, ask Ward or pifpoefpaf123 on discord or NLC or Coastercrazy.
Good luck from pifpoefpaf123 and Ward
For the FVD++ users: there isn't an overlay included, because I have no idea how to do that lol. So if anyone can make it and share it :) ?
EDIT:

Will the 50 foot max lifthill for the meisho style be tall enough to be above the green area?
Pifpoefpaf - I could make an overlay for FVD users, so long as the build area isn't over 440*440 meters
Are we allowed to move any trees?
Also does all track that enters the green area have to be above the green support or can there be another section of the layout that enters it below?
You can move and delete all the trees and rocks. For the green area one section above it is enough, you can have more track below it.
@jetcoasterfan, I hope it, it was your idea but I didn't test it :)
Jetcoasterfan posted on February 9th, 2019
Will there be another contest soon from Ward? How about a no friction and no air resistance contest? Make the longest coaster using only a 50 foot lifthill? You will need the pro version. Or how about making 100% custom track using no 3ds or scripts. Just custom supports only.
Jetcoasterfan posted on February 9th, 2019
Will there be another contest soon from Ward? How about a no friction and no air resistance contest? Make the longest coaster using only a 50 foot lifthill?
That actually sounds fun.
pifpoefpaf123 posted on November 21st, 2019
- You can make only one tunnel or trench, and it has to be shorter then 80m/26ft (optional)
Should that be 80ft/26m?
^
pifpoefpaf123 posted on November 22nd, 2018
- You can make only one tunnel, and it has to be shorter then 80m/262ft
Am I allowed to use d6 trains for the dive coaster bonus?
Lcucu3 posted on November 26th, 2019
Am I allowed to use d6 trains for the dive coaster bonus?
We decided to have at least 8 seats or more in a row, so D6 won't get the bonus
Here is an FVD++ overlay, thanks to Lcucu3!!

What if my coaster does not go above the green support area? Will i just not get as much points?
Hey guys, can anyone tell me how exactly I can actually get the tracks from the "Golden Heights Contest FVD.nlpg" into FVD? I've been trying for half an hour now with various export and import options but I don't get it. xS
PS: Yes, I've only registered to attend the contest, cause it looks awesome :)
EDIT: What's even the difference between the normal file and the one with FVD in the Name?
My entry is coming along!

Can you guess what it is?
Jetcoasterfan posted on November 26th, 2019
My entry is coming along!
Can you guess what it is?
You need a bit more height I think, it does not reach above the green supports
Jetcoasterfan posted on November 26th, 2019
What if my coaster does not go above the green support area? Will i just not get as much points?
Correct, you wont get DQed for this
Zampano posted on November 26th, 2019
Hey guys, can anyone tell me how exactly I can actually get the tracks from the "Golden Heights Contest FVD.nlpg" into FVD? I've been trying for half an hour now with various export and import options but I don't get it. xS
PS: Yes, I've only registered to attend the contest, cause it looks awesome :)
EDIT: What's even the distance between the normal file and the one with FVD in the Name?
- Start with extracting the NL2pkg (File -> extract package)
- open up FVD++ (only latest version will work)
- At the bottom there is Add->NL2 track (.csv) and import the .csv's inside the map of the FVD version (iirc there are 4).
- save the above overlay made by Lcucu3 in the map
- In FVD++: add the background and you can start
Good luck and thank you for participating!

As promised, I’ll reveal the build map and rules today!
Here is your build area:
As you can see the area is less steep than last year, but there are some walkways running through it:
That was it for the main rules, pretty easy right?
Repeat:
That are the requirements from the park owners!
To help you, here are some additional rules (copy-paste from last year)
Make your coaster as realistic as possible, you don't have to make an accurate B&M or something like that, you can also be an invented coaster building company, just make sure it looks realistic
To spice up the competition a bit, here is the one and only Golden Heights BONUS CATEGORY! I hope this will be the real fun part of the contest, besides making the best coaster ever in the hilly terrain. You DON’T need to follow these rules, but it can give you a nice bonus on your total points 😊
Coasterstyle
(+9% of total points)
Records
Other
Greetings from pifpoefpaf123 and Ward!