Golden Heights Contest - Chapter 2
It's February, I can feel the hype starting to build!
I have finished my part of judging, waiting for Pifpoefpaf123. Almost done!
I am really wondering how my jet coaster entry placed. Was it the only jet coaster?
^ I'll be damned if there was anyone else that made a jet coaster
Unfortunately, you’re the only one...
I'm done with judging. Ward will post results tomorrow or friday!
All results were epic!
The Results
It's finally there! Thank you all for participating at our contest. It was a pleasure to judge all those awesome projects!
Place 18 to 11
18 Timo Kho - Endeavor
17 FCPro - Corkscrew Pines
16 FCPro - Gold Flyer
15 CoasterKappie - PROJECT 1
14 RCT3andNL2stuff - Hill Side Racer
13 Roburic - San Rozano
12 SteelWithQuality - Nomelberg
11 Rick - Mountain Express
Place 10 to 4
10 KG - Echelon - 7.5
09 Eternalyz - Red Bear - 7.8
08 Timo Kho - Zero - 8.3
07 Thrilling - Saw Blaze - 8.4
06 Yung Torru - Skepta - 8.5
05 TOGOfan - Hillbilly Corster Texas Bronco 8.6
04 Intim305 - Strata - 8.8
Top 3
03 CoasterMac - Mountaineer - 9.2
Really nice RMC coaster, great elements and awesome supports. You lost some points because you didn't have a storage for the second train. There where some few points that makes the difference. Congrats with your third place!
02 Imaginaut - Periphery - 9.4
This coaster was a nice Intamin with a great flow and good supports. The view from the entry way is really awesome! Overall a great coaster, congrats with your second place!
The winner is....
Fintamin - Avalanche
Wow, a ultra realistic Schwarzkopf coaster like Lisebergbanan at Liseberg. The layout was exactly like a Schwarzkopf and the supports with all those details were amazing. You did a great job, congratulations!
Thank you all for participating!
We would like to hear some feadback.
Your organisators,
Ward and Pifpoefpaf123
I believe the storage is supposed to be an elevator that leads under the station like LR on Mountaineer
^Yeah I've talked to Mac and he said it was supposed to be an elevator storage like on Lrod and Goliath.
Congrats to Fintamin for winning!
Yeah, I’ve also talked with Mac. We didn’t see it, but with storage Mac is the second place, so it doesn’t matter for Fintamin.
Congrats. A well deserved win.
A congrats to everyone and their awesome entries. I'm shocked to have even placed 10th!
Will there be another contest soon from Ward? How about a no friction and no air resistance contest? Make the longest coaster using only a 50 foot lifthill? You will need the pro version. Or how about making 100% custom track using no 3ds or scripts. Just custom supports only.
I have no plans yet for a new contest, maybe in the future. ;)
Why don't you just host a contest yourself if you want one? I'd guess that you're a good judge for those kinds of things ^^
Anyways, I'd like to congratulate all the winners of this great contest. It was a lot of fun to participate and I'm still incredibly surprised that I've actually ranked 3dr place, I never expected anything somewhat close to that.
Also, many thanks to kg for what he wrote last page, totally missed to anwer. It's really motivating to hear something like that and btw, your entry looked really cool as well.
Breaking news: 25 november #GoldenHeights2! More information coming soon!
I will make yet another fine Meisho Amusement Machines jet coaster!
Hello guys and welcome to the second edition of the Golden Heights Contest!
The Golden Heights Park in the hilly Golden Tops had an awesome addition to its park. An awesome Schwarzkopf terrain-hugging coaster made by Fintamin!
We had a lot of epic entries last year and were amazed by what you guys could build on the steep terrain. We never expected ALL the entries to be so good. It was a good decision to let the road go through the build area, it improved the aesthetics of the entries in my opinion, but it was also challenging :) .

So, here we are, back with another question of the managers of the Golden Heights Park. They asked us again to search for some coaster-designers to make a coaster for the back lot of the park. The coaster must be as epic as Avalanche, so that’s a serious request. To make place for the upcoming coaster, the Golden Heights Flitzer and the observation tower were removed. Sad!
Timing: like past year, the contest will start on the 25th of November. Entries are due by 2020 (you can choose which time zone). Results will appear, just as last year, around mid-February. No need to send reminders cause we will make sure the results will appear by then :p . Ward is your main judge, but I’ll go through all the entries as well.

Will the contest be the same as last year?
No haha, the terrain is less steep, and you don’t have to pass over a road, although… but you’ll see that when we will reveal the build map, around the 20th of November. There will be some nice additional rules for you. I can also promise FVD++ users can take part in this contest.
I want you to remind you that you can send as many entries as you want, but it has to be a different style every time. Example: Timo Kho sent a dive coaster and an RMC. We also won’t disqualify entries, if you didn’t meet up to some rules, it only means you get less points for that part.
Greetings from Pifpoefpaf123 and Ward
The hype is real! Can 't wait for 25 november!
I am excited to make a new meisho jet coaster for this!
Sounds fun, tho I've kinda had a history of putting off contest entries even until after the due date.
I doubt I'll have much time to work on it, but count me in!
Im exited!

Many thanks. Just filmed a POV today, might try to do a "real" video for this one:)