Golden Heights Contest - Chapter 2
Sounds interesting! Count me in
absolutely in, sounds like a blast!
Do you have any template to work on?
I'm down!
This looks great, I'm in!
AceDFe19 posted on November 20th, 2018
Do you have any template to work on?
Yes, at 25 November we will post the template en the rules to start the Contest.
I'm in guys :)
I'm in, sounds like a lot of fun!
Sounds fun. I was kinda beginning to miss designing within a template.
Sounds like it'll be fun.
I think I can make a knockoff Togo that knocks off Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing Co., Ltd that knocks off Arrow Dynamics.
Sounds like a lot of fun! Count me in!
Sounds really neat! Count me in.
I'm in too!
I think I'll join this!
So I'm in too
count me in
me as well
Yes! Sounds awesome count me in this!
So, it is really nice to see some people being enthusiastic for this contest :).
As said earlier, we're gonna start this Sunday. We had the results of the roundup already, so now you could prepare yourself to be challenged by the Golden Height Contest.

As promised, we give you the rules today and we'll reveal the building area.
First some rules about the template
- You must build your coaster within the green/yellow area.
- You must build the station inside the yellow area. Storage don't have to be inside the yellow area, you can also make it in the green area.
- Of course, you can't change the mountain setting.
- You can make yourself a custom station or theme your coaster, but you won't get any points for this.
- You cannot design your coaster less then five meters above the road. So it has to be above these 5 meters. To help you, we put a clearance above the road, your train may not touch it with the clearance enveloppe. Supports aren't allowed there either.
Some more rules about your coaster:
- The managers asked us to let you design a coaster with a minimum length of 800 meters/2625 feet.
- You can make only one tunnel, and it has to be shorter then 80m/262ft
- You cannot build this tunnel underneath the entrance road.
- Number of stations + number of storages = number of trains
- Talking about the entrance road: your coaster must be on both sides of the road, so your coaster has to pass the way at least twice.
- We decided to put no maximum length, so Togo, you can design your longest mountain side jet coaster. There is also no maximum height, but keep it realistic.
- There is no capacity requirement, but don't make a coaster with only car with 4 seats :)
And here is your building area:

We know it is a very hard terrain to make a coaster on it, but somewhere, we have to challenge you.
Next up are some tips made by your judges:
- Make sure the footers don't clip with the terrain.
- There are some flat areas provided in the area, so there you can place most of your footers.
- You can design a wooden terrain coaster or a giga coaster or a dive coaster or ... Choose what you like the most. Multiple entries are allowed!
- Make sure your coaster looks great, has some nice interactions with the road and the terrain.
- O, and one minor thing: make sure your brakes are the correct ones: magnetic breaks can not hold your train in real life, so that is no Block Brake.
- Make your coaster as realistic as possible, you don't have to make an accurate B&M or something like that, you can also be an invented coaster building company, just make sure it looks realistic.
Well, I hope we can have a lot of entries :)
Sunday, a download link for the template will be placed.
Greetings Pifpoefpaf123 and Ward
PS. Do not hesitate to ask a question about the contest. We're both in the NLC-discord or you can place your question here in the topic or send it with the Messages option or ... We're here to help you making the most beautiful coaster in a mountain setting :) .
So If I make my jet coaster station start in the yellow area, cross the road with a lift, then go up the mountain, then have it strut its stuff up on the side of the mountain and then come back down across the road, that is ok?
It needs to pass the road two times, where you do it doesn't matter. So what you describes is ok.
Do I have to have a tunnel to not get points lost? Or is that optional?
Tunnel is optional.

Hi guys!
This is the time of the year where you're feeling sick, you're annoyed, don't know what to do, it is cold and dark outside... Well, those symptoms could only wise into one direction: the off-season.
Well, let's organise a contest, that is the best cure against the off-season disease.
Yes, a contest
(Track Tennis is near its end and the Roundup 250 winners are announced tomorrow)
Golden Heights Contest
I want to welcome you to Golden Heights park. A park famous for his mountain setting. The park is relatively small, but there are already two coasters, made by the well-known manufacturer Ward-Rides. The park is wanting to install a third coaster, but unfortunately, Ward-Rides ran bankrupt. So now the managers of the park are looking for you to design the third coaster.
As described above, the park is in a mountain setting, so it isn't that simple to create a coaster. Plus, the managers want you to build a coaster along and above the entrance road. They sent us (me and Ward) a virtual map last week with the boundaries of their property. Now they're asking us to search for some designers and that's where we need you!!!
Ward is your main judge, and I'll review all the entries too. Some rules made by us:
Greetings from Belgium and Holland, Pifpoefpaf123 and Ward
(Please note that our English can be bad sometimes, so don't play that Grammar- Nazi. Tnx)