NLC Track Tennis 2018
here it is !
i tried to use the lake and made a turnaround so that we get closer back to the launches and the layout doesnt get too spread out.
cant wait for the next entry.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9c54yht4g5nmi9q/Track Tennis.nl2pkg?dl=0
That's over 80m long though
its changed now
Turn 3

Download the latest version of the park here
Looks like we're tying the coaster in knots already. Requests are open for the next turn, who wants to go next?
I’m up!
You're up! post a submission within 24 hours of this post
I didn't receive a valid submission for the last turn. Just to clarify, you may only add track to the block currently being worked on. we did discuss this leading into the contest.
Requests are back open for this turn, who would like to go next?
I'll take it!
Okay! as per usual, post your submission below within 24 hours
People elsewhere in the world, I'll start varying the times in which I offer turns so everybody gets a chance to claim their turn.

I'm feeling dizzy already. We'll start the next turn in a few hours, check back soon.
frankenstein the ride
Turn 4
Too twisty? The hive mind disagrees. Requests are open for the next turn, who's up?
off you go. Post your submission below in the next 24 hours
Okay, so there's a mountain now. I'm pretty sure I met all the requirements; <80m, vertices locked, tunnels used & terrain only near my submission, no additional launches, no support collisions, and the track is handmade. Additionally, this setup will allow for the train to reach the second launch within 30 seconds of the first launch.


The downside is, whoever has the next turn isn't exactly going to have the most thrilling time:

I tried to connect the element to the launch to save someone that boredom, but I couldn't do it while meeting all of the other constraints. Hopefully this checks out.
Dropbox Download: https://www.dropbox.com
Excited to see what people do next!
The two blocks don't need to be any specific duration, they just need to be equal to each other to run optimally.
The first block is currently just under 24 seconds in length. This would end the block a lot sooner than I had anticipated, and your submission has made it awkward to navigate anywhere other than towards the second launch. Edit: the complete 2 block ride would be approximately 55 seconds from launch to brakes in this case.
I'm unsure of how to rule in this case, so I'm going to put it to a vote. Please vote, and voice your comments below as well.
From launch to the end of the track, it's 27.6 seconds, meaning the train would get to the second launch almost right at 30 seconds, which I mistakenly thought was the goal for block sections. Sorry, guys
even with the submission as it is, it doesn't mean the ride has to go straight into the second launch from there, i can already think of some cool things to continue from here and add a challenge for a later submission. id leave the submission as it could also lead for some more interaction later on in the ride
^ Possibly, take a look at the submission. There isn't much room to manoeuvre, and I'm worried that the launch area is already a bit of a supporter's nightmare and another turnaround is one complication too far in that regard.
^^ The block timings are excluding launches. The first train needs to reach the brakes before the second train reaches the second launch, as it isn't supposed to stop there under normal operation, hence two blocks of equal duration, plus a buffer in the form of the first launch duration.
I agree in that it's too short. Just feels like the ride cuts off very quick when there's opportunity for there to be much more. We don't want a ride that ends too quick because, with that being said, only around 5 people will have a chance to add something in the 2nd half.
^^ i did take a quick look at the submission, did forget about supports tho which would be quite a challenge, i still think it would make for a really nice ride to keep it but if it makes the ride too difficult to support then i guess its for the better not to use the submission. or possibly edit it so the track exits more to the right of the mountain.
The vote has settled at 53% in favour of extending the ride at the time of writing this. In the hope that the contest will last longer than ten or so turns, I'm going to reject that submission.
JP, if you want to make another submission you still have plenty of time to do so. Otherwise, let me know and I'll pass on the turn to another person.
I'll take the time and make something else



Okay, HLcoasters goes first. Create a submission following the normal rules and post it here within the next 24 hours.