NLC Track Tennis 2018
maybe somebody else check it and if the ending is ok i would say so
Or make it completely a 2-tube from the roll to the second launch?
Ignoring the realism aspect it just looks really ugly and seems like a cop out to finding a better solution.
Safe!
-Ride_Op
maybe we could make the last part into an open serve so we could try to get the best finish for the first block and more people are happy with it.
you could make then an poll or something with all the entries.
I like that idea; however I still think that tcninja's entry should definitely not have hit the launch regardless. Far too soon IMO.
that could be changed with the open serve, everyone could try to find a solution with our without connecting to the launch and we could see what works best
There’s a whole other half, right? Don’t let the ride meander, sometimes less is better.
I think its perfectly fine to end the first half at this point.
I feel like the current length is fine; or maybe allow one more turn before hitting launch 2. You don’t want it to meander around for too long.
Having given it more thought, I think we're going to keep that submission. It's quite rough in spots, but well within the limits laid out in the rules, and the roll into the launch is pretty cool.

Turn 9
We're going to run a couple of support-only turns to round off this block. Requests are open if you'd like to contribute, you'll have 12 hours for these turns. We'll start the next block with an open serve in the next couple of days.
I'll take a support turn
Go ahead. Post a submission below in the next 12 hours
Will there be turns/opportunities for adding scenery? I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere but I'm not sure.
It's not currently part of the contest, but if people want to we could migrate to the 3D modelling thread after it's finished and do something more informal there.
My main concern on the scenery front is that I wouldn't be able to stop myself obsessively fixing all the Sketchup submissions I'd receive.
My supports are in, only thing left is the last roll.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai7upzc3xefb6dq/Track Tennis 09.nl2pkg?dl=0
Nice. Somebody want to finish that last bit off? You can work off of Coastermac's file.
Why not, I'll take it.
Edit: ...And 4 supports later,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibwpdh9h6n0k509/Track Tennis 08.nl2pkg?dl=0
I think there should be a turn, whether it's one of the judges or another member, that goes in and fixes up all the transitions between turns, some of the pumps are pretty harsh.
That's probably a good idea. Also for the second half, maybe skip the locked vertices part. Instead allow whoever takes the next turn to smooth the transition out however much they need to as long as its reasonably done
Okay, I'll consider relaxing the one-vertex editing rule. Please vote in this strawpoll so I can get a better idea of what everybody thinks.

Download the latest park template
Second Half || Turn 10
We begin the second block of our coaster with another open serve. To take part:
- Create a track section following the second launch. For this open serve you have an extended track allowance of 120m (393')
- Repackage the park when you're done and upload it to your file host of choice, and post a link in this forum thread within the next 48 hours (A deadline of Wednesday 21:00 UTC)
- The rest of the rules in the first post apply as usual
- Ask any further questions below, and be sure to post screenshots of your creations for everybody to see
As with the first open serve, the submission we choose as our favourite will be the one that is kept going forward. We'll be looking for a signature element coming out of the second launch, so do something unique and interesting.
i´ll take a turn
It's the open serve again (rules), everybody takes part in this one
oh, my bad. sorry i missed that part.

Ah, fair enough. I'll accept it then, if we're happy?