Terra, Phase 4
AndreAkaMe posted on May 24th, 2023
It isn't dead, however I have found it very difficult to stay motivated to get into No Limits these days. There have been so many advances and new coaster models/tracks in the real world and NL2 has sadly fallen behind with updates to this sort of thing. There are loads of things I'd love to be able to do and design properly, Mack extreme Spinners; Modern Intamin trains/tracks/switches; Dive Machines with 6/8 rows; Modern B&M stand ups; Modern Vekoma launchers; Modern Vekoma Flyers; Drop tracks. Loads of things that could bring people back to NL2 with fresh waves of creativity.
Now I know that people have made custom train designs etc, but these don't have the full intergration of the sim. I can't easily switch seats or select the coaster from the lists etc, and without extensive knowledge of scripting it's very difficult to utilise things like this. This has just kinda sapped any motivation to get back into NL2 sadly.
I don't want this to sound too unappreciative of the team either, there are still numerous QOL updates that happen frequently which they do not have to do. The sim is great as it is, but I'd kill for some official DLC/paid content if it brought new actual updates, and opened up the sim to the modern day coasters. Until then I find I get motivation to get into my creations for maybe a day or 2 before it fades. Sorry it's not better news, and the park is definitely not dead, just updates to it are very few and far between.
I understand where you're coming from (cough project Rock 'n' Roller Coaster cough) but I want to challenge you on this: Terra is one of the most inspiring nolimits creations I've ever seen. I'd go so far as to say it's one of the best park projects I've seen in any coaster sim from RCT3 to Planet Coaster and everywhere in between. I love how it draws inspiration from many real world parks but also just takes these ideas and makes them something new.
And you didn't need the latest and greatest train to do that. I'd like to see more trains in NL as well, but I think your park was just about done from last I saw of it - and that was without all the new ride types. Yes the new ones can be fun, but there's something really special about how your park managed to be such a fantastic creation even without them. So what if the flying coaster isn't the new vekoma one? It's such a great ride!
Mack Xtreme spinners are cool and all, but you took the maurer spinner and gave it such a unique feel that fits in with the likes of Phantasialand or any of the Universal parks.
Your intamin blitz showed up even the modern ones and you did that with the old classic train models. There's something special to the aesthetic and feel of Terra because of that. True innovation doesn't occur when you have the world at your fingertips - it occurs when you're striving to take some fantastic vision in your mind and make it real but you only have limited resources to work with.
Again, I'd love to see more of the modern trains in NL and perhaps you could update some of your rides one day if/when they add such trains. But in the meantime, maybe give it one last push to finish off what you did already? You were so close and your creativity isn't bound by the train selections - your park has always inspired me in my own projects.
Anyway, I do think people should stop bumping this thread with "when's this coming out?" comments or "lol this is dead" comments - life is life and some projects fall to the back burner from time to time, but nonetheless I've given my thoughts - do with them what you will. No matter what, I'll always enjoy even that which you've released so far. So for that - thank you.
Coastin' Dave posted on May 24th, 2023
I understand where you're coming from (cough project Rock 'n' Roller Coaster cough) but I want to challenge you on this: Terra is one of the most inspiring nolimits creations I've ever seen. I'd go so far as to say it's one of the best park projects I've seen in any coaster sim from RCT3 to Planet Coaster and everywhere in between. I love how it draws inspiration from many real world parks but also just takes these ideas and makes them something new.
And you didn't need the latest and greatest train to do that. I'd like to see more trains in NL as well, but I think your park was just about done from last I saw of it - and that was without all the new ride types. Yes the new ones can be fun, but there's something really special about how your park managed to be such a fantastic creation even without them. So what if the flying coaster isn't the new vekoma one? It's such a great ride!
Mack Xtreme spinners are cool and all, but you took the maurer spinner and gave it such a unique feel that fits in with the likes of Phantasialand or any of the Universal parks.
Your intamin blitz showed up even the modern ones and you did that with the old classic train models. There's something special to the aesthetic and feel of Terra because of that. True innovation doesn't occur when you have the world at your fingertips - it occurs when you're striving to take some fantastic vision in your mind and make it real but you only have limited resources to work with.
Again, I'd love to see more of the modern trains in NL and perhaps you could update some of your rides one day if/when they add such trains. But in the meantime, maybe give it one last push to finish off what you did already? You were so close and your creativity isn't bound by the train selections - your park has always inspired me in my own projects.
Anyway, I do think people should stop bumping this thread with "when's this coming out?" comments or "lol this is dead" comments - life is life and some projects fall to the back burner from time to time, but nonetheless I've given my thoughts - do with them what you will. No matter what, I'll always enjoy even that which you've released so far. So for that - thank you.
I'm just here to say this was beautifully said, and that Im very much still interested in this project myself.
AndreAkaMe posted on May 24th, 2023
It isn't dead, however I have found it very difficult to stay motivated to get into No Limits these days. There have been so many advances and new coaster models/tracks in the real world and NL2 has sadly fallen behind with updates to this sort of thing. There are loads of things I'd love to be able to do and design properly, Mack extreme Spinners; Modern Intamin trains/tracks/switches; Dive Machines with 6/8 rows; Modern B&M stand ups; Modern Vekoma launchers; Modern Vekoma Flyers; Drop tracks. Loads of things that could bring people back to NL2 with fresh waves of creativity.
Now I know that people have made custom train designs etc, but these don't have the full intergration of the sim. I can't easily switch seats or select the coaster from the lists etc, and without extensive knowledge of scripting it's very difficult to utilise things like this. This has just kinda sapped any motivation to get back into NL2 sadly.
I don't want this to sound too unappreciative of the team either, there are still numerous QOL updates that happen frequently which they do not have to do. The sim is great as it is, but I'd kill for some official DLC/paid content if it brought new actual updates, and opened up the sim to the modern day coasters. Until then I find I get motivation to get into my creations for maybe a day or 2 before it fades. Sorry it's not better news, and the park is definitely not dead, just updates to it are very few and far between.
Im not rushing Im just curious if it is still not dead as of 2026 I have been following this project since 2021 and Im just wondering if there are any updates Take your time if it is not dead but if it is that's fine.
The last post was nearly a year ago. Please don’t post here expecting for an update.
I think this topic should be locked or sunk for now.

It isn't dead, however I have found it very difficult to stay motivated to get into No Limits these days. There have been so many advances and new coaster models/tracks in the real world and NL2 has sadly fallen behind with updates to this sort of thing. There are loads of things I'd love to be able to do and design properly, Mack extreme Spinners; Modern Intamin trains/tracks/switches; Dive Machines with 6/8 rows; Modern B&M stand ups; Modern Vekoma launchers; Modern Vekoma Flyers; Drop tracks. Loads of things that could bring people back to NL2 with fresh waves of creativity.
Now I know that people have made custom train designs etc, but these don't have the full intergration of the sim. I can't easily switch seats or select the coaster from the lists etc, and without extensive knowledge of scripting it's very difficult to utilise things like this. This has just kinda sapped any motivation to get back into NL2 sadly.
I don't want this to sound too unappreciative of the team either, there are still numerous QOL updates that happen frequently which they do not have to do. The sim is great as it is, but I'd kill for some official DLC/paid content if it brought new actual updates, and opened up the sim to the modern day coasters. Until then I find I get motivation to get into my creations for maybe a day or 2 before it fades. Sorry it's not better news, and the park is definitely not dead, just updates to it are very few and far between.