Skip to content

Terra, Phase 4

126 to 150 of 180

I haven't really looked into it yet to be honest. I think it might have been something to do with the scriptgenerator's scripts. I used that program to make the scripts for several coasters, and the rapids. In one of the more recent updates to NL something has changed, but frankly I have no idea or clue what it is. If someone has any scripting knowledge, maybe they could look into this?

It also affects Zephyre occasionally (the only ride affected without a Scriptgenerator script), which I'm guessing is because of the double station set up. But your guess is as good as mine.

Hi Andre.

I have discovered this project a few months ago and first of all let me truly congratulate you for your hard work. I would truly dare to say this is the best park as a whole I have ever seen created in NoLimits 2.

Next, and to add up to the ongoing conversation, currently I am not having any issue with any of Terra's rollercoasters nor rollercoaster-based rides (neither the scripted ones nor Zephyre) using NoLimits 2.6.0.1 64 bits.

Nevertheless, I would like to offer some help: some time ago I tried to code myself an improved version of Musickid43's Script Generator. I wanted to fix some of the ugliest things Musickid43's generator does and potentially extend its functionality (one of the core goals was to produce cleaner code, more readable so as to manually edit it more easily afterwards). I never released my generator anywhere, because although it's perfectly usable as of now, I never considered it to be "finished" enough to be released, so I kept it for my personal usage. Nevertheless, it works perfectly and I'd say it does better than Musickid43's in many aspects (with all respects to Musickid43: he will always have been the first one in doing one and mine is just an improvement based on his program).

Considering that, I would gladly help you out with the scripted coasters if you want. I would even be up to connecting the storage sections to the main Block System Controller so that Full Manual Mode doesn't need to be enabled to move trains in and out. As I said, I truly love this park and although I don't have problems with it, if it's in my hands to help others enjoy it, I'm willing to.

Just make sure to leave me a message if you want to talk about it ^^ ;)
Keep up the good work!

I remember there were times when Arborak or FjallFall broke but all I did was turn on the ride's control panel, then press the reset button and then it worked perfectly after that.

Just played it again myself, and had no issues. Just be careful that any fix doesn't cause those who haven't had issues (like me) to have issues.

Hey does anyone know a quick and simple way to create realistic paths with walls/fences as in terra it does a good job of this so I thought someone wouldn't mind helping:)

Posted May 18, 2020· Edited May 18, 2020

I know this is a bump, but I believe I have figured out a way you could possibly do Terra-nauts and Cave-In for Terra in NL2. In JammyDs Smiler recreation and VinceOurs Mystic Manor, (these are the two best examples I know) Youll see that they have minature frames that play like movies in a certain part of the scenery. (Its like a mini movie or a small video clip, its difficult to explain, like an animated billboard or something) You could try that idea for Terra Nauts and Cave In for Terra, script or keyframe or however that was animated, animate a small movie or use pre made clips for the theater tv part, and do seating and the rest inside the building. Just a thought, but it would possibly work very well. (Look at the animations on the Marmalizer and youll see what im talking about) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCxEp_IGmZE (00:27-00:33 and 02:07 to 2:15) https://youtu.be/xQSujy6qgLc (2:15 to 2:24) You could do a technique similar to that to simulate CaveIn and Terranauts.

Terranauts is certainly some kind of simulator attraction, I envisioned an Intamin Ultra Tower (https://www.intaminworldwide.com/project/ultra-tower-2/) to fit into the attraction, to the point of laying out the basic layout and framework:

The only problem would be where could I source the material for a simulator style attraction from? I could do a simple keyframe animation for the ride, but I don't have the material to showcase on the large screens.

Posted May 18, 2020· Edited May 19, 2020

I was thinking maybe like a small theater with the screens playing like a short clip. You could model the tower and the ride scripts. And then use the movie script (im unsure how they did it but i think you know what im talking about) for the movie part of the ride, and then the experience would be fully rideable in NL2. Just an idea though but i think it would work. You could use small sci fi clips from youtube or something for Terranauts movie screen part and model and script the rest like an animated ride, it would be like a 3d moving theater sort of. Im unsure though, but its an idea for you.

Posted May 18, 2020· Edited May 18, 2020

AndreAkaMe posted on May 18th, 2020

Terranauts is certainly some kind of simulator attraction, I envisioned an Intamin Ultra Tower (https://www.intaminworldwide.com/project/ultra-tower-2/) to fit into the attraction, to the point of laying out the basic layout and framework:

The only problem would be where could I source the material for a simulator style attraction from? I could do a simple keyframe animation for the ride, but I don't have the material to showcase on the large screens.

That looks epic, I've seen the real thing and it's a really good concept. If you can't do a video maybe you could just use a still image?

I have a short question. Will the flat rides (like Gravitate or Explorer) also be able to operate for the player like the rollercoasters?

They will be rideable, but that’s it, sorry. DragonGroar did some work on the scripted coasters (Arborak/Fjallfall) meaning that the transfer system will be operational on them, but that’s about the limit to further operations added. I’ve been working on this park more for a “rider” perspective than an operational side.

Do you think my idea would work for Teranauts and Cavein? I could help you find the source material images for the screens or whatever your looking for. Just an idea though.

For Cave In you could do like a dark ride/roller coaster like Blazing Fury @ Dollywood, and I'm still curious about the second attraction at Obsidian

126 to 150 of 180