Five Hours of Power IV - Winner: Weekend by Tenne
Can't wait! When the time comes, do we post our streaming links in this thread?
Thanks for the reminder!
Please post your streaming links so I can broadcast them out during the contest!
-Ride_Op
Still getting the hang of it, but I'll, be streaming here: https://www.twitch.tv/wristhairmoustache
Looks like the raging waters saying is canceled, so I’m back in. Yay
@Ride_Op You said wooden coasters are banned, but what about shuttle coasters? (I have to ask)
I also see that you love picking on TheCaveMaster; I might try to defend him, but it’s kind of hard when the statements are true. :p
Correct, no shuttle coasters. The nature of the challenge this time automatically rules out shuttle coasters.
-Ride_Op
i would probaply start a bit later becouse i need to work first. but lets win this with 4 hours of power XD, i am in
For the first time we are including a track length limit. I wonder why?
-Ride_Op
Do you know how to make storage track, switches, merges, and transfer tracks?
-Ride_Op
Do you know where you will upload the finished submission? Remember, before submitting, you have to:
- Save your park
- Rename the park file so it includes your name
- Upload it to an file transfer or exchange site (NoLimits Central, Coaster Crazy, Steam Workshop, dropbox, Google drive, etc)
- Fill out a form with the URL to download your submission
Remember to make the file public so it can be downloaded. If we can't download it, we can't evaluate your work!
-Ride_Op
Ride_Op posted on July 9th, 2018
For the first time we are including a track length limit. I wonder why?
-Ride_Op
No you don’t you cheeky li'l....
I also assume by "limit" you mean 'less than (x length)' as opposed to "minimum" which would mean 'greater than (x length)', People don’t always mean it that way though, and if that’s the case then I don’t know what we’ll do 😱
Will this require knolage of scripting? The post about transfer tracks made me think you want it to go backwards, and I don’t know how to script that!
I have created a discord for people to join who want to watch/participate in 5HOP this year: https://discordapp.com/invite/qMGxNVy
^^ No scripting needed, and really, no time for it. Focus on building your coaster and not getting distracted with silly pursuits like B&M loop supports or cramming a 4D doing a heartline roll through a narrow canyon with a low overhang.
^ Thanks Code!
Is it Saturday yet? I'm sick of all this waiting and wish we could get there sooner. When will it be my turn!!!
-Ride_Op
^ lol, I will be whatching code to see how many ideas he scraps. My bet is at least 3 this year.
I have not opened NL in a few months but I will give it a go.
Sorry if I missed this, but what time does the challenge start? I’m still tying to figure out if there’s any way I can participate
I hope the contest will have the jet coaster style and it will be mandatory!!
^^It would be biased in favor of Jetcoasterfan.
Once you upload it to one of these sites how do the judges know how to find it?
You fill out a form and provide the link. The URL for the form is in the park description and will be posted many times on Facebook.
-Ride_Op
And here’s mine https://www.twitch.tv/ts_mind_swept (if only OBS had worked -.-)
Still picking on Cave I see, but at least you included someone else’s time too; guess it’s gettin real now. :p
I wonder if I’ll be picked on at some point (probably for taking on a ridiculous project if I am [or talking too much {sorry Ride_Op}] guess we'll have to see)
Here's my link.

Just picture it: 1 week from today you're super stressed, an hour and 40 minutes into your build, swearing, sweating, panicking, deleting, and redoing, all while Code is wasting time on his third failed bad idea. So much fun!!!
Now to tease out the rules slowly. This year, only one coaster is needed. Wooden coasters are back on the banned list, so focus on steel styles.
More rule reveals and new contest subtitles will be provided throughout the week. Then next Saturday be ready 30 minutes prior to the contest start for a live broadcast showing the park map and explaining the full rules of the contest. This will be very important for those competing as I need to show you one key thing and explain how it works, and you'll need to plan how you'll meet this particular challenge.
-Ride_Op