Daniel's NL2 Stuff - NEW: Convert Images to Objects!
Hello, since I got a request that is related to this, I uploaded my blender setup to create a NL2 cube map environment from an equirectangular (hdr) environment (for example those from HDRI heaven).
>>> Download <<<
5 Step Tutorial included, takes about 1 minute to follow.
(Blender 2.8 version is now included in the zip file!)
Is there a sitting up mode for the slide script? I am using it on my roller slides.
To achieve a higher view point (as if one would sit) just lower the heartline value of the coaster track that the script follows.
bestdani i think im in love with u
Hang on a minute Dani, are you saying that this tool can turn a spherical HDRI into something that can be used as an NL2 environment background?
It's actually preset (and I only used it for) equirectangular environments, but since this tool is just a .blend file (by the way also just used in 2.79 for now), but using spherical env maps should just be one more click:

The HDRI's on HDRI haven that you linked to (i use that site a lot), are they equirectangular or spherical? I might be thinking of the wrong type here, lol.
equirect - you would immediately notice if the wrong type is used since it would look aweful in blender's preview already.
I just always thought those were spherical HDRI's..
Cool, thanks Dani. I'll check out your cube map tool when i get a chance.
Hey Daniel, quick question. I recently sent this question to NL2 on messenger, but they referred me to you, claiming that you would know the answer to this:
''Quick qestion. I am working on a track including onboard music which had been added in the latest update. However, when I set up a trigger to end the music, and designate that trigger to the ''End Trigger'' option within the options for the Onboard Music, it doesn't work. I set the trigger that's supposed to end the music right after the final brake run, where I still have a small bit of normal track before the station, but whenever the train passes this point, the music just continues. Do any of you maybe know what I did wrong or how to fix this''
Thnx. in advance!
I might help here:
public void onTrainEntering(TrackTrigger trigger, Train train)
{
StreamedSound music = train.getOnboardStreamedSound();
if (music != null) {
if (trigger == startMusicTrig) {
music.stop();
music.play();
} else if (trigger == stopMusicTrig) {
music.stop(); ****** USE THIS LINE *******
}
}
}
MrRC posted on February 2nd, 2019
I might help here:
public void onTrainEntering(TrackTrigger trigger, Train train) { StreamedSound music = train.getOnboardStreamedSound(); if (music != null) { if (trigger == startMusicTrig) { music.stop(); music.play(); } else if (trigger == stopMusicTrig) { music.stop(); ****** USE THIS LINE ******* } } }
Unfortunately doesn't work. Now I've been so stupid to not save the original line as a screenshot, so can you maybe post the original line so I can alter it back again? (Not trying to be a pain in the ass btw)
This might the original line in the script (was in my script the case)
music.stopFaded(20.0f);
Thanks again :)
I have uploaded a new Sound Setup Tool that is probably a replacement for the Sound Spheres since it uses script parmeters:

Bestdani, the speaker symbol travel visable with the train and besides the station. I think thats not supposed it should ??
It is, since in all these cases this option is ticked for demonstration purposes:

OK yes, i understand. I found where it can be turned off now.
Your slide script still will not simulate sitting up when when i use a lower heartline value. It still views through the middle of the track.
The slide script follows the center of rail track. If you give the coaster negative heartline offset values it will be above the track spline / heartline as if you were sitting on a slide with small tube radius.
I tried using a negative 5 foot heartline value but it still followed the center.
how do i make a ttrack triggered gate/door with your instant animation tool? i just get it to do the weird animaion of the stone from the tutorial
Exactly like the other doors in the tutorial, just assign it to a track trigger instead of a click trigger control object.
Hi bestdani, i was watching your YT video https://youtu.be/-K1-Pi0LYqI (updated effect set with movinghead) but i can't get the triggers that suppost to switch on / off to work.
Maybe u can help me out here.


Yes.