Daniel's NL2 Stuff - NEW: Convert Images to Objects!
Very nice! I can't wait to try it out tomorrow! Have you also tried an object with another script attached to it (eg light with a lightning script)?
Would be possible to assign the animation trigger to a key? Like press "e" to open the door and things like that
How about these Ferris wheels?


Doesn't the object need groups for the wheels cars to stay upright?
With some slight delay because I had to finish some preview pictures first, the instant animations are now released:
I'm very curious to see what you all will use it for!
Yoo-hoo !!! Let's have some fun ! Thanks a lot Bestdani :)
Will you be able to have a warehouse dae ferris wheel be able to continuously rotate and not reset when it reaches a certain rotation?
This set is so amazing! Finally scripts for simple movements! Great, great, GREAT JOB BESTDANI! Thank you for your effort to make this for us!


Made these with the scripts
I think this is really cool and am using it in my current project. I've noticed though that objects that move along a track, always stay oriented in the same direction. How difficult would it be to modify so that the orientation of the objects matches that of the track (like when coaster cars move along a track). I attempted to modify it myself, but I'm not sure how to extract the rotation information out of the track position matrix.
If there would be a good understandable way to set this as an option in the user interface of NL2, I would have implemented this behavior as well already. ;-)
To do it in the script it is very easy, actually just having this is simpler than the current implementation, you would just have to apply the whole track matrix to the object and that's it.
But to make use of the current implementation in the script it is probably better to use Tools.matrixToPitchHeadBankPos(nlvm.math3d.Matrix4x4f mIn, nlvm.math3d.Vector3f pitchHeadBankOut, nlvm.math3d.Vector3f posOut) to set the vectors to the rotation (pitch head bank) and position simultaneously in TrackMovement.setToPositionFrom(...). Then just passing also the restedRotation Vector3f analogous to how it is done with the restedTranslation from the ScoAnimation to this method should be enough I guess.
Is anybody interested in click & go fireworks?
I actually started this a while ago and you may have spotted it in a funfair project I collaborated with already.
Actually,
YES
That looks amazing
Yes! That looks absolutely fantastic!
Absolutely
The fireworks are still in development.
But in the meanwhile I experimented with creating some sky boxes from HDR environment images and I uploaded the results as a nl2 package:
Steam Workshop Link
Only use if steam is no option: Dropbox Download




bestdani posted on September 20th, 2018
The fireworks are still in development.
But in the meanwhile I experimented with creating some sky boxes from HDR environment images and I uploaded the results as a nl2 package:
Steam Workshop Link
Only use if steam is no option: Dropbox Download
wow this looks insane. thank you for sharing
Hello, I have just published my little Telemetry Client library for Python for the NoLimits 2 Telemetry Server.
-
If you have no clue what this is about: NL2 provides a server for communication with other applications over a network. Python is a programming language and in it's default implementation comes with a huge standard library that allows creating (not only) small applications very quickly.
-
if you don't want create your own applications: I have also provided some demo applications, from which I would consider two already useful. One can show the current g force in a live blog and another log the g forces into CSV files, I have also included a simple spreadsheet for LibreOffice to analyze it.


If you want to use it just install Python and download this package from Github to run the Python files inside the demo directory.
That's really neat Daniel! I can see a lot of use coming out of this tool.
Update notice: I just updated the instant animation package, it uses the new script parameter feature of the latest update NL2 update (2.5.7) and should make it more intuitive to use.

Hey everybody, I teased this a little bit already, since it heavily uses the just released new Script Parameters feature of NL2.
This feature might not look as impressive as the 360° video recordings and stuff when reading the update news, but I hope one can recognize the poser of this now: It makes using scripts more easy and allows creating things like an kind of in game script generator by using the UI in the objects panel without quirky hacks or abusing of object name fields to accomplish this.
I hope you enjoy and can make use of it!
More stuff like this and updates with Script Parameters are in preparation!
Ok this is absolutely fantastic!, just tested it out on a semi shuttle coaster and it worked beautifully. only issue ive come across is it seems to ignore the "number of passes" setting on stations, is this just not possible or have i set something up wrong?
It's not possible for scripts to query the number of passes value from the station settings.




Yes, it's meant to allow adding animations to any scenery object, it doesn't matter where the model comes from.