NL2 Ask Thread
Is it possible that some ofthe surfaces of your mesh are un colored (same as with the Blue faces / White faces in Google Sketchup ?? ) ??
Blue faces are , when imported into NL2 "see through" , so it looks like they not present.
All the faces are normal. The file loaded fine in a new park then I imported the coaster from the park that would only show 20% of the file into the new park. It ll seems to work now in the new park. Not sure why it would not load fully in the first park. If I had 3dsmax I could have just created a track shape and used that instead of this very long not so good work around.
I have Google Sketchup Pro version (2014) that can export *.dae and *.3ds
I believe I found another bug. I can record video in 2.5.7.1. When I upgraded to 2.6.0.1 I get permission denied. If I reinstall 2.5.7.1 I can record video again. If I Install the update again for 2.6.0.1 I can no longer record video. I get permission denied again. Anyone else have that issue?
Anyone who records 360 degree NL2 videos, what's the best program to use to use to edit and export them? Everytime I export through Magix I end up with either swirls or blackholes at the top and bottom poles of my 360 degree videos.
I've also lost the ability to take any screenshots or export video. For posters, the progress bar still appears but the "screenshot saved" message does not. Attempting to export causes a "permission denied" error in the console. Running the program as administrator does not fix the issue.
I've tried importing a custom coaster car design (Log Coaster by Kevan, link below) and am unable to import it as the file doesn't show up after downloading. There was a link to an older forum post with car script issues on it. However, the link no longer works. Am I being an idiot? or would someone be able to advise me please? Thanks :)
@j88, link and file download are ok , just checked , file size correct.
I opened the file with the Editor and Extracted the file into the Editor and run the coaster.
Here is a screenshot :

Scottric posted on September 27th, 2020
I've also lost the ability to take any screenshots or export video. For posters, the progress bar still appears but the "screenshot saved" message does not. Attempting to export causes a "permission denied" error in the console. Running the program as administrator does not fix the issue.
I was able to fix the issue with my screen shots and video by deleting the "nolimits2_config.xml" file located in your AppData / Roaming / com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2 folder. When the app is lunched again it created a new config file. And all was good.
This did the trick. Really appreciate the help!
I thought I would ask on this forum as well, but where can I find b&m second gen hyper 4 across. I heard the codemaster may have made one.
Hi there!
I have a little question, I am making a coaster that I wish to go in and out of tunnels (like for example big thunder mountain at Disneyland). Now I am using custom trains and having it day ingame makes the train look unrealistic bright inside of tunnels, with non custom trains I would fix this by making the track inside a tunnel a virtual tunnel. Now this is not gonna help me with the custom trains so I would like to know if there is a way to make the trains either via a script dimmed as if they were in a tunnel when they hit a trigger, or able to adjust to the wireframe train they're attached to or maybe something with the scenery/ material settings to use to make it more realistic when the surroundings of the train are completely dark. I know there is always the possibility to make it night time in the park settings, but I would love it if there was a way to have this realistic effect as well during daytime.
This may sound like a silly question, especially coming from a seasoned NL2 forum user like myself. But..
How do you upload a ride/park to the site?
I've tried to upload a ride about 5 or more times recently, and each time the site gives me an error message.
Now on the 'Select your park files' screen, do i choose everything there? Like my park package file, preview screenshots to be used on the exchange etc, or do i just select the package file, and the other bits (screenshots, ride description) are added after?
@ Womp83 I never uploaded a park before. But i think u have to upload the package file of your park incl the preview image (but thats in the packagefile)
I was wondering what the FVD++ RMC Hybrid friction value should be set to. Can't find this anywhere.
When I'm in editor mode in the "track" viewport, everytime I accidentaly press A or D, the viewport gets put back to the first vertex of my coaster. Is there another shortcut to jump back to the last vertex?
I have been working on a giant flying coaster and I have also had this problem too, but while working on it I found a way around this. You can click on one of the end vertices, control click the other end vertex, and connect them (in elements). Then TAP s to move slightly back, control z and BOOM, you are right at the end vertex. And now you can stop wasting your life on traversing the entire track after going into the editor or misclicking stupid a or d :D
Yes, that's what I'm doing when building long coasters. But things would get a lot quicker if there was a real shortcut. Maybe that's something for future updates...
ah yah, I guess so, but I've been able to get this to just a couple seconds so it wouldn't make too much of a difference, but that would be nice.
Is there any way to poll NoLimits 2 for events such as dispatches, restraint unlocking/locking, gate opening/closing etc. with an external piece of software?
I'm making a hand gesture "control panel" which will dispatch trains when you give a thumbs up to your webcam (among other things) and I was wondering whether it would be possible to detect when a train enters a station so restraints can be unlocked automatically by this software. I've looked all through the scripting API documentation and I can't find anything which would allow me to communicate with another program. I'm also aware of the "--telemetry" argument which can be passed when NoLimits 2 is launched, but as far as I am aware, that will only return a train's telemetry, it won't allow me to check when trains arrive in the station etc.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance :)
So I've got this slightly obnoxious 300-foot Christmas tree I've been working on. I've made it glow, but I would really like to see it change colors. It doesn't need to do anything crazy, just rotate through like 5 or 6 colors. What's the best way to achieve that?

(Yes, it is the Golden Heights Map. What can I say, I love working with the terrain.)
So I finally have decided to jump into the custom trains arena, thanks to BestDani's great scripts. The problem is while I feel I'm pretty good at 3D modeling, the seats are going to be a challenge. Does anyone have any coaster seats I could use for my custom trains?
Just bumping this so we don't have 200 different threads for unique problems. Shouldn't this be pinned?
^ Yes, it should be pinned...

Think we have a bug. If I create a new park the file loads fine. If I load it into my existing park only 20% shows up. I can see the full bounding box. Everything but the same 20% is missing from inside the box. Strange that it shows up fully in a new park but not in the one I need it in.