NL2 Ask Thread
Tried on both mac and Windows - shift doesn't do anything regarding vertex select. On mac it is <cmd> + select vertex to add to selection or <cmd> + marquee drag to add multiple vertices to - but I can't figure out how to remove multiple vertices. Maybe there isn't a way?
Also, how the heck do you constrain vertex dragging in the vertical direction when dragging vertices in the side or front view? I want to select some vertices and drag them - but hold down a button to constrain the movement to vertical (Y) direction only. Is that possible? I know about page up / down - but I am talking about dragging vertices with the mouse.
Click and hold left mouse button and drag them in the direction u like.
MrRC posted on September 3rd, 2024
Click and hold left mouse button and drag them in the direction u like.
Yes - but I want to do that while constraining to single zxis (i.e. vertical only) - when I click and drag on a vertex in any of the orthographic views, it allows movement in 2 dimensions - I am looking for the key command to limit the dragging to only 1 dimension. Is this possible (other than the page up / down keys - which tends to make big jumps in distance).
Other directions then Up / Down is using the cursor buttons on your keyboard
"which tends to make big jumps in distance" >>.(u can change the snap in the editor perhaps ?), just a guess.
@ EulerVS
Was my tip helpfull ?
Hi. Does the tilt track not create a structure like the transfer table does? If it does, can anyone explain how to do it? The table tilting in mid-air looks strange when I cannot attach any supports to it.
Aitch2o posted on September 23rd, 2024
Hi. Does the tilt track not create a structure like the transfer table does? If it does, can anyone explain how to do it? The table tilting in mid-air looks strange when I cannot attach any supports to it.
No. You have to support it yourself
Hi, I am new to NL2 and this forum as well. I recently acquired a DOF H6 motion simulator, and am having no success getting telemetry sent to the app I use, which is SIM Racing Studio. I spend most of my SIM time with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and the telemetry is working fine with it. I have the Steam version of NL2. I have entered the info needed in the launch options, including attempts at using different UDP port numbers, thinking that might be the problem. But so far nothing works. Any help here? Thanks Pete
First off, I love NL2. I'm a user and not a builder. I love the fact that there are flat rides in the parks that you can ride, but what is missing for me is the telemetry that matches the rides. When you're on a flat ride, the telemetry is coming from one of the Coaster Trains. It would be awesome if the flat rides could have accurate telemetry. I guess one way to do it would be to build a coaster that would have the same or very near telemetry as a flat ride. Like a spinner car that goes back and forth at increasing and decreasing rates to emulate the Spinning Pendulum. If I was a builder I'd definitely try that.
I am using the light pattern editor to create, well, lights. I cannot get colored lights to shine at night, and I can't find any tutorials on how to do that. I can change the color, but they won't turn on at night. Only white/clear lights do. How do I fix this?
raptoralex posted on November 12th, 2024
I am using the light pattern editor to create, well, lights. I cannot get colored lights to shine at night, and I can't find any tutorials on how to do that. I can change the color, but they won't turn on at night. Only white/clear lights do. How do I fix this?
See here :
im still using vanilla NL2. I would like to use a few mods, but i am unsure on how exactly to install them, and i am having trouble finding a clear answer to this. is it as easy as dropping some files into the correct folder?
I'm looking for a airbubble fountain (or a water bubble fountain) i can't get the stock script modified enough for me to work.
Has somebody any idea ?
I have to place it under bumped water surface so it look underwater that airbubbles going to the surface.
With the stock or modified script it looks like a geiser (but thats NOT what i'm after with)
Does anyone know how to give a single object a name so a script can find it ? (in Blender 4.0)
I know how to do it in Google Sketchup. But now is the time to change to Blender 4.0
MrRC posted on January 29th, 2025
Does anyone know how to give a single object a name so a script can find it ? (in Blender 4.0)
I know how to do it in Google Sketchup. But now is the time to change to Blender 4.0
Hi,
This video might be what you're looking for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee2QXxP5Qtw
You can use the getElementForName(String name) method from the SceneObject class to find the SceneObjectElement within the 3D file (which is the object you renamed in Blender).
Or use getElementCount() and use a loop to find all objects in the 3D file using getElementAt(int number) from the SceneObject class. Use getName() from the SceneObjectElement class to find the name of each object and you'll find the same object names as seen in Blender.
NoLimits Explorers posted on January 29th, 2025
Hi,
This video might be what you're looking for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee2QXxP5QtwYou can use the
getElementForName(String name)method from theSceneObjectclass to find theSceneObjectElementwithin the 3D file (which is the object you renamed in Blender).Or use
getElementCount()and use a loop to find all objects in the 3D file usinggetElementAt(int number)from theSceneObjectclass. UsegetName()from theSceneObjectElementclass to find the name of each object and you'll find the same object names as seen in Blender.
The script i have allready using (Google SketchUp objects that have an Entity name) and they move as the script is intended.
Now i have to make that object in Blender 4.0 give the same Entity name so the script can find the object.(*.dae)
MrRC posted on January 29th, 2025
This video might be what you're looking for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee2QXxP5Qtw
...The script i have allready using (Google SketchUp objects that have an Entity name) and they move as the script is intended.
Now i have to make that object in Blender 4.0 give the same Entity name so the script can find the object.(*.dae)
Unless the video I posted the link of is what you want to do (renaming objects in Blender), I'm afraid I don't fully understand the problem and need more detail to help out.
This line in the script is searching for the object (needs to move) :
leftDoor = sco.getElementForName("Eel_01");
In Sketchup u can assing a name with Entityname to an object (Highlight the object and Rightclick and give the object an Entity name, in this case "Eel_01")
I don't know how it works in Blender 4.0
Feel free to ask for more details.
MrRC posted on January 30th, 2025
This line in the script is searching for the object (needs to move) :
leftDoor = sco.getElementForName("Eel_01");In Sketchup u can assing a name with Entityname to an object (Highlight the object and Rightclick and give the object an Entity name, in this case "Eel_01")
I don't know how it works in Blender 4.0
Feel free to ask for more details.
The video from my first reply (quoted below) shows you how to do that. In Blender, select the object you need to rename, press F2 and call it "Eel_01".
NoLimits Explorers posted on January 29th, 2025
...
This video might be what you're looking for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee2QXxP5Qtw
...
Then your line:
leftDoor = sco.getElementForName("Eel_01");
returns the object with that name you specified in the Blender project.
Remember: You need to export your Blender project to a 3D file type that NoLimits 2 supports, such as a Collada ('.cae')('.dae') file.
NoLimits Explorers posted on January 30th, 2025
Remember: You need to export your Blender project to a 3D file type that NoLimits 2 supports, such as a Collada ('.cae') file.
U mean *.DAE instead of *.CAE :-)
MrRC posted on January 30th, 2025
U mean *.DAE instead of *.CAE :-)
Yes. Hopefully my answers have helped, good luck!
NoLimits Explorers posted on January 30th, 2025
Yes. Hopefully my answers have helped, good luck!
Tnx for your reply.
I will try this when i'm back at my PC
I did give it a try.
But still no luck.
Still error warning : Object "Eel_01" not found.
MrRC posted on February 2nd, 2025
I did give it a try.
But still no luck.
Still error warning : Object "Eel_01" not found.
Can you post a screenshot of your Blender project and also a snippet of the code (including the bit where you use SceneObject so =.... and SceneObjectElement soe =...).
Also, I assume you've correctly entered the strings of the Scene Object and scene object element...

Press and HOLD SHIFT while selecting vertices.