Prospect Park — 48 Hour Contest
...and the form has closed! Thank you all for participating!! Starting tomorrow, we will begin the judging process. I'll keep you all informed on the ETA of announcing contest results. Thanks again!
The list of submissions is shown below. In duplicate scenarios, we will grade the latest submission.

Ill make a jet coaster.
how big is it, might do a hyper or gigs, idk
Sounds fun. I'm interested. And I'll certainly have time. :)
disco posted on April 6th, 2020
...there are no restrictions on the tools you're allowed to use...
OH YEAH BABY I'M IN!
Sounds interesting, I might try it out.
Hi all!
So we kinda forgot that this upcoming weekend is Easter holiday for a lot of people. Even though the majority of us are socially distancing, we know that a lot of people are still planning to spend time with their immediate families.
We created this poll. (Please select BOTH checkboxes if you are available both weekends.)
[poll closed]
Thanks!!
RoquemoreStudios posted on April 5th, 2020
how big is it, might do a hyper or gigs, idk
I can't reveal much yet, but I'll go ahead and say that the template probably won't suit those coaster types. Sorry!
Will it suit a jet coaster or a standup wooden coaster?
Seems pretty insane having 48 hours, I think I'll decide spontaneously if I want that pressure :D
Will it be wild west or mining themed? I could make my small jet corster start in a underground mine.
Hi all! After seeing the poll results, we've decided to postpone this to the weekend after this one. So the new dates are set for April 18-19!
We're pretty much done with a majority of the template, but we'd like to include as many participants as possible. (Sorry for the delay and early forum topic! lol)
I will post more details about the contest on Thursday, April 16 leading up to the start date. This should give you some notice on whether you'd like to participate, and to practice some building techniques.
Count me in
I'm in!
I can try for sure, might end up doing handbuilding and not fvd but eh oh well, I'm in
PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!!
Hi all, the rules have been posted!
While it may look overwhelming, I think you all can do it! You may have noticed the length and height limits are quite low. This provides some challenge, but also forces you to make concise rides. For instance, Corkscrew @ Cedar Point would actually exceed the length requirement! And that coaster is only 85 feet tall, so if anything, going all the way to the height limit may not be a good idea.
The real challenge may be trying styles you haven't used much before — the older ones. We wanted to stray away from the typical Intamin/RMC rides that crop up in every contest.
Also, scenery is allowed, but keep in mind this is a city park with a relatively compact template. We're expecting most people to use the demo objects or workshop items to add flat rides. However, we wanted to open up the custom option for those who are able.
Damn max 30mph. That’s more a kiddie coaster then a family coaster...
So a old jet coaster will be perfect!
Are inversions allowed on the family coaster?
isnt 00:00 saturday to 00:00 sunday 24 hours or am i just stupid
So what about custom friction? How about 0 friction and 0 air resistance?
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
We upped the max length to 700 m (~2296 ft). Still short, but should give you more wiggle room. 🙂
RedLimitsCoasters posted on April 16th, 2020
Are inversions allowed on the family coaster?
There are no rules specifying this, so yes.
ItsAmaliaB posted on April 16th, 2020
isnt 00:00 saturday to 00:00 sunday 24 hours or am i just stupid
You must have misread - the post says 23:59 Sunday, so 48 hours. 🙂
Jetcoasterfan posted on April 16th, 2020
So what about custom friction? How about 0 friction and 0 air resistance?
Nope. That brings up a good point, so I'll add it to the FAQ.

Prospect Park
Hi! Since we’re all quarantined, we decided to create a quick contest. The contest will only last 48 hours from start to finish! The template will be available starting at 0:00 UTC, Saturday April 18th. Your entry will be due 23:59 UTC, Sunday April 19th. No late entries. Please convert to your time zone accordingly!
Template, Forms and Submission
Background
There exists a small amusement park in the heart of fictional downtown Prospect, NY. You must build exactly two (2) roller coasters, then add some flat rides to fill out the space however you see fit! Try to use as much of the template as possible.
Prospect Park’s developers are keen to add roller coasters, but they are on a tight budget. In order to keep costs low, they would like for you to purchase (design) an old thrill coaster. The family coaster, however, can be a newer design. Due to budget, noise, and construction rights, both coasters must use traditional lift hills and feature no tunnels. Building permits also require all attractions to stay below a strict height and length limit.
Got it? Don’t worry, I’ll break that down for you. Listed below are the rules. Keep in mind that breaking any rule may result in total disqualification, so don’t push your luck! Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
Rules
Roller Coasters
Each roller coaster must meet these strict requirements:
Individual Requirements:
Build one (1) thrill coaster with a type that existed before 1989. To simply this, we’ve broken out the permitted styles. You must choose one:
Build one (1) family/kiddie coaster.
It's not suggested that you build any extra coasters, as they may be subject for removal when graded. We don't want people building other major roller coasters to overwrite the importance of the two graded ones. (See FAQ for expanded thoughts.)
Flat Rides and Scenery
You can place as many flat rides and scenery pieces as you’d like to embellish the park. You can also create your own from scratch, or borrow assets from other users or the Steam Workshop.
FAQ
In trying to keep the rules concise, I’m putting all the super-specific dork questions down here.