NL2 Ask Thread
So,
I tried extruding the edge instead of extruding the rest inwards, but it didn’t work. So i just redid the entire thing and now it actually works. Ive tested making the edge on the new model in both ways, and both seemed to work. I dont have an idea why the other model was bugged in the first place.
Hi!
Somebody is running NL2 on Macbook pro with new chip m1 pro? How's the experience? Any issues? Thx
Can anybody here help me find a Download of The RMC Raptor?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/45oywmjhb2gfqst/Raptor
Here you go, you can find this and so much more stuff in the mega resource thread, go have a look
So a couple of questions for one project. I am working on a recreation of a coaster and it had headlights on it. They would turn on with an electric generator on the train when the wheels got spinning to a certain speed. So one, how would I take a 3D model I have made and turn it into a light in NL and two is there an relatively easy way to have them turn on at a certain point on the track and then turn off at a certain point, giving the illusion they are running on a generator?
So,
to create a light source within a scenery object, you have to go to the lights tab in the nl2sco editor and add a new light source. When you light source and go to the settings, you can see this window:

There you can add a new light source either from a light that already exists in the model file, which you could for example do in blender, or create a new one and set the position of it in relation to the object origin. Using an existing light source is way easier tho.
Below that you can change, how far the light shines, how intense it is and the color.
On the bottom you can set a volume effect which looks like, in the premade light spot scenery object, you can find in the sco library.
One way i can think of how to switch the lights off, was to make an animation in blender, let it play in a loop, and time it according to the coaster.
Another think that should work is to use Yedrimas light animator tool. There you can trigger a set animation via a track trigger or smth like that, im not qite sure.
I hope i could help :)
MoreThanOfficialTK posted on November 26th, 2021
So,
to create a light source within a scenery object, you have to go to the lights tab in the nl2sco editor and add a new light source. When you light source and go to the settings, you can see this window:
There you can add a new light source either from a light that already exists in the model file, which you could for example do in blender, or create a new one and set the position of it in relation to the object origin. Using an existing light source is way easier tho.
Below that you can change, how far the light shines, how intense it is and the color.
On the bottom you can set a volume effect which looks like, in the premade light spot scenery object, you can find in the sco library.One way i can think of how to switch the lights off, was to make an animation in blender, let it play in a loop, and time it according to the coaster.
Another think that should work is to use Yedrimas light animator tool. There you can trigger a set animation via a track trigger or smth like that, im not qite sure.I hope i could help :)
Very helpful thank you!
Hi, does anyone knows if there's a script to make a splash effect for a log flume?
That script is included in NL2
Just place it in the right position on the track.
Well the problem with the effect is that it's made for the dive coaster with two water splashes on the sides. And also, the effect continues as long as you stay in the concrete channel. I'd like it to end when the boat exits the splash area.
Hey guys! Is there a way to ride in a tilt track backwards and tilt backwards? I want to do a backwards ride into a tilt track and drop out backwards, but some time after that switch back to forward (normal) motion..
AceDFe19 posted on January 3rd, 2022
Well the problem with the effect is that it's made for the dive coaster with two water splashes on the sides. And also, the effect continues as long as you stay in the concrete channel. I'd like it to end when the boat exits the splash area.
U can change the spray , like intensity,duration from in the script for your purpose. Just try and try again.
Does anyone have a basic wild mouse coaster I could use for a background object?
MrRC posted on January 3rd, 2022
U can change the spray , like intensity,duration from in the script for your purpose. Just try and try again.
Thanks I'll try.
UtahCoasterEnth posted on January 4th, 2022
Does anyone have a basic wild mouse coaster I could use for a background object?
Basic: https://nolimitscentral.com/exchange/park/1793
Reverchon (not sure if editable for exchange): https://nolimitscentral.com/exchange/park/618
@ AceDFe19 :
Can u send me the *.NL2PKG file to my email (see profile) and i will fix it for u.
I will place here the solution how to fix it.
EDIT :
Solution was : Placing Custom Water Splash from Bestdani and some hours of changing values to make it look more realistic.
Hey guys, I need some help.
I just downloadet a custom STC Pack with trains and track but I have no clue how I import these into NL2 because its not a park file or smth. like that.
Click Add Scene Object, and on the left of the popup click File System. Go to your download folder, and you will find the the unzipped file with your scene objects.
U need to OPEN file first with NL2, then u go to Extract Package in your editor.
Before u start playing, i will advise u to save it.
When setting the name of some Flat Rides they are still showing up with the default name when playing. Is this a known bug, or have I screwed up somewhere? For example Gyro Tower, Pirate Ship and Enterprise.
I'm sure there is an obvious answer to this, but I've been away from NL2 for awhile. How do I get access to a downloaded park that wants a password? Thanks much!
alderon57 posted on January 18th, 2022
I'm sure there is an obvious answer to this, but I've been away from NL2 for awhile. How do I get access to a downloaded park that wants a password? Thanks much!
U can't access the password. But u can contact the maker of the download. Maybe he will give u the password (most likely NOT)
What does it take to get custom gates to open? I have a custom station and custom gates but would like to know how to make them open and close?
U can use the script "Attachment" to make it work

Thx for the help.
I dont think it has to do with normals, i recalculated the normals several times. For the entire object, the single blocks and even just the surface. When the normals arent correctly calculated, the Geometry isnt displayed correctly. When your looking at it, the face facing you doesnt show up, you can just see the ajacent edges. Thats why i dont think that it has to do with the normals.
What I could imagine is that it has to do with extruding the object inwards, cause despite the top face having no hitbox, it does have one from the inside. In addition the darker edges of the foundation also have collision.
I didnt get to test it yet but, I think if I make the edge with ctrl+i and then extrude the inner N-Gon inward, this problem appears. If I instead extrude the edge outward, it might work. Ill see.