NoLimits 2.5.5 update discussion - Tilt, Rocks, Mac, oh my!
Zingo posted on April 16th, 2018
Looks good! Can't wait to try it out later today! Question for those who tried it, can we use the tilttrack on other trackstyles and are we able to change the settings like rotation and timing?
Yes and yes, just tried it with the intamin mega coaster style, worked for me and I've changed the rotation angle and the timings of the rotation, it's just like the transfer track.
Could be interesting for flying coasters, perhaps?
I'm currently formatting my drives (more or less successfully, mostly less), so I'm giving these ideas out for free!

it works great!
Very nice update, not to forget the very useful new objects, steam related additions and scripting API methods. I also like the chain idle movement.
Oh nice. I haven't installed the update yet, only just read about it now.. But from what i saw in that youtube clip, it looks pretty neat. I'm sure i'll discover more cool stuff once i actually do it.
Thanks devs. :)
intim305 posted on April 16th, 2018
this is gonna be fun
A new take on the classic euthanasia coaster?
*Sits back and waits for an influx of Vomitron/roller coaster hybrids *
A new way to make dive machine holding brakes too. And since the trains have only 3 rows, no need to care about which car to enter for the best ride.
It's always fun to tinker around with the new updates. I haven't had a chance to try this one out yet, but I'll definitely want to check out the rocks and the tilt track
So your saying beyond vertical tilt coasters are possible?
Hold my beer...
Yes, you can do every angle you want, also something like -180 degrees is possible!
^^Uh oh... Should I be worried?
I quickly tested it with one of my objects that attach to the rail and it worked without problems

, the picture was taken during the tilt process.
Are you sure the object gets updated every frame and not just placed once at initialization without any further update by the script?
An alternative might be my attach to special track scripts, use the attach to transfer script for the tilt track.
This looks awesome by the way, I can't wait to see all the cool coasters that use the tilt track.
Was there about a 7 or so MB update for NL2 today? I got it in steam.
update 2.5.5.0 was 256 MB
Thinking he's talking about an additional "update"
Element 115 posted on April 17th, 2018
AHA, yeah i think it wasn't updating re added a fresh script and it was fine, thanks for the help.
I like those trains, Element. They full custom, or modified rocket trains?
Has a bit of a retro look to them, while still looking modern.
Something I've picked up on is that now that lift chains 'idle' when trains aren't on them, The Smiler's hold at the bottom of each no longer works and is causing a collision on the MCBR every time. Is there any way to disable the idling and/or will this be a future option?
^ yeah an option to choose if the chain moves when idle (or even how fast it moves when idle) would make it better, it basically breaks all of my eurofighter setups
^^ This is a bug that I will fix in 2.5.5.1. I already fixed it, the update will come out the next days. Please send bug reports to nolimits@nolimitscoaster.com when possible instead of posting here, so that I will take notice of them. Thanks.
Much appreciated, thank you!
Since what update has their been a station option for only the special floor?
^ This one, I believe. Bit odd that it's an option on all coasters when only a couple have a special platform, but it's definitely a nice feature.
Togo Pipeline is possible!




Wow, that was definately not expected but the tilt track will lead to some very creative concepts! One thing that I would love to have is ability of adjusting the Vekoma track spine to the tilt track style :)