Metropolitan Madness Contest (RESULTS POSTED)
Count on my participation!
This sounds cool. I'm going to see if I can manage to submit something.
I'm in if I'm not super busy!
I can't Wait! I can only participate for 2 and half of the days, but I think I'll be able to make it work. This is also going to be the first NoLimits competition that I am participating in.
Now this
Is very cash money of you to do
IMPORTANT
Due to some requests I've gotten, I'm extending the contest to Wednesday, July 1st, 12pm PST.
Cheers!! :3
Yay, thank you, now I think I can participate more fully!
Can I have the template. I'm not decided yet
I was thinking of making a arrow/morgan hyper this time. Not a jet coaster.
METROPOLITAN MADNESS GOES LIVE!
The contest is now officially live! Welcome to Tachibana City, I hope you enjoy your stay.
TEMPLATE DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oh6hiYrb5AGYmmkprHgx7bjd7HgJrSyy/view?usp=sharing
SUBMISSION FORM
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdkl8sIg2UJvmLv5OsRuu_nJnMwiNqiiUvJ6MDQYnbmK1KhMw/viewform
Remember to submit by July 1st, 12pm PST! Read the rules posted above if you need a refresher, and if you have any questions feel free to ask me here and on Discord. Cheers, and good luck!! I hope the template finds its way into some creative hands :3
Can you use 0,0 custom friction? Or use NL1 friction?
you can use any of the available pre-set friction values, to keep things fair
May footers be placed in the pool?
yes they may!
For those that need it; scaled FVD background.


I posted this in the NLC discord earlier, but here's another FVD template. A little higher res
Oh yeah, I would totally be in to that
Jetcoasterfan posted on June 20th, 2020
Where'd the Ferris wheel go? Just from eye-balling, looks like your ride would run into it as is. Careful not to get disqualified!
Your Morgan looks neat though. Great color.
I second the Ghostrider nut prize. Very nice looking box too.
The contest has been fun so far, and challenging!
I had it hidden.
We just need to make the layout right? No need to worry about making station/queue?
yeah extra scenery is not required!
I sadly won't have time to participate.
mcbr are fine too? Should they be in only specific zones?




METROPOLITAN MADNESS
Description:
Welcome to Tachibana City, a thriving metropolis in the heart of Shinonome Prefecture, Japan. A new urban development called No Dome City has hired you to construct their newest roller coaster for their outdoor venue. Because the attraction will be located at the center of the bustling Nagonohara shopping district, your coaster must exceed 200 feet/61m in height and 4000 feet/1220m in length. Layout specifications call for you to go through some design specifications in order to get a visual appeal for the area. Each category of the ride will be scored out of 10, just like RRR contest. Any infraction into a rule will result in an automatic 0.
Rules:
Coaster MUST meet or exceed 4000ft/1220m length.
Coaster MUST meet or exceed 200ft/61m height. Extra points given if the ride exceeds 250ft/76m
Coaster MUST NOT place track or supports in the red zones. Track and supports can go over the red zones, but must not be placed within them.
Coaster MUST NOT place track or supports outside of the given template boundaries indicated by the blue and yellow outline. You may place your station and transfer track wherever they need to be within the blue boundaries, but NOT within the yellow boundaries. Whether or not the coaster is within boundaries will be judged WHEN FROZEN. Coaster track MUST NOT clip any obstacle on the template.
Coaster MUST have all the necessary storage for all trains. The station block will count as one storage track.
Coaster MUST thread through Aioi Ferris Wheel once. Extra points given if the coaster threads through twice.
Coaster MUST cross the road into the observation tower block.
Extra points given if the coaster crosses the road twice.
(4 crosses total, 2 into the square and 2 back into the main area)
Coaster's supports MUST have their footings above whichever building they are situated on. This means if you build supports on, say, the building at the back of the park, the footer must be on top of that building's roof. This applies to all elevations on the template - footers MUST be visible above the floor level to count towards supporting. Tunnels are not allowed.
Coaster MAY dive under the pedestrian footbridge crossing the blue portion of the template for extra points.
Coaster MAY cross over Minakami Station for extra points.
Coaster MAY thread through the building with the hole through it at the back of the map for extra points.
With regards to scenery, you may move or delete any unlocked scenery items within the blue template.
Scoring:
Contest Requirements (/10)
Layout (/10)
Trackwork (/10)
Supports (/10)
Visual Appeal (/10)
Extra Points:
Threads Ferris Wheel Twice (/2)
Crosses Road Twice (/2)
Crosses over Minakami Station (/2)
Threads Building with Hole (/2)
Dives Under Pedestrian Bridge (/2)
Exceeds 250ft/76m (/2)
Contest will begin tomorrow, June 20th, at 12pm PST, and will last until July 1st, 12pm PST, giving you a full week to complete a coaster. Template and submission form will be posted when the contest goes live. Good luck friends, and cheers!! :3