Skip to content

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster WDW Recreation

1 to 25 of 62

I along with DLP-Coasters and Project Sunset am working on recreating Rock 'n' Roller Coaster from Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Here's an overview so far:

It still needs some refining, but the general building layout is almost done.

Here's a quick look at the alley in progress:

The track is being re-worked from one of my older models. I'm working on getting the blueprints up to scale so there's a lot more needing to be done to get the track just right.
I'm currently using a 7 car RMC with custom friction to get the physics right - the final coaster will have the vekoma track and custom trains.

And speaking of trains - here's the limo train:

The current limo train is in sketchup, but due to some scaling issues (and sketchup being... well, sketchup) the final train will be modeled in blender. But at least you can see the detail it'll have:

Project Sunset has been working diligently on making lights on and off road signs as well as other textures for the ride:

DLP-Coasters is working on some scripts for other aspects of the coaster. We plan to release this whenever it gets done so stay tuned for more updates!

Excited to see a RNRC remake that's not Paris. I like the version in Paris better, but it's good to see the other version getting a remake too!

Looks great, this was one of the first rides that got me in to roller coasters growing up and can't wait to ride the recreation. Dude looks like a lady was one of the best songs to ride this to in my opinion!

Got some updates for you guys:

Gravity building is coming along quite nicely.

Also, fun fact:
The track model is now exactly 3,403 feet long.

And the limo trains are doing some test runs now.

Pieter's been working hard on getting the limo just right but we'll see more of it later...

That's all for now. More updates coming soon.

Gravity building is getting close to completion:

Still need cross braces in a few places, but the majority of the interior structure is complete.

Catwalks are being installed.

And some test limos are running laps.

Supports will ultimately be modeled instead of made in nolimits so we can have better control over them and make all of the proper connections.
Stay tuned because progress is really revving up so keep an eye out for coming road signs and track supports!

I have always loved this rollercoaster. Far more so than the Paris version. My dad was a big time partier back in the day and up until they were discontinued he always drove Cadillac Eldorado's. Got pulled over on the Sunset Strip in the 80's in one actually, so the ride is the closest I come to relieving my dad's wild times in LA, hanging with bands and such. He never knew Aerosmith but I digress...Love the look of the trains! Love the look of everything. Wish that the ambient audio video wasn't unlisted because that seems cool but everything here is beautiful. I've talked with Project Sunset via YouTube and he seems like a nice dude and like all of you, a maniac for attention to detail. I might hit the word limit here just expressing my excitement. I noticed that you guys have the tunnel entrance rotation from the 90's as well. I've noticed here that the gravity building is modeled as after the repaint but that did get me curious about whether you had an opening day version planned as well?

Obviously Disney needed to adapt the ride for fastpasses and eliminate the extra que for that purpose but I do miss the original floor plan. All the extra guitars and rock artifacts that the old que passed by added to the Disney theming magic.

Thanks for this, I'm hugely excited to experience this ride again!

Posted June 30, 2020· Edited June 30, 2020

Jedderbob posted on June 25th, 2020

I have always loved this rollercoaster. Far more so than the Paris version. My dad was a big time partier back in the day and up until they were discontinued he always drove Cadillac Eldorado's. Got pulled over on the Sunset Strip in the 80's in one actually, so the ride is the closest I come to relieving my dad's wild times in LA, hanging with bands and such. He never knew Aerosmith but I digress...Love the look of the trains! Love the look of everything. Wish that the ambient audio video wasn't unlisted because that seems cool but everything here is beautiful. I've talked with Project Sunset via YouTube and he seems like a nice dude and like all of you, a maniac for attention to detail. I might hit the word limit here just expressing my excitement. I noticed that you guys have the tunnel entrance rotation from the 90's as well. I've noticed here that the gravity building is modeled as after the repaint but that did get me curious about whether you had an opening day version planned as well?

Obviously Disney needed to adapt the ride for fastpasses and eliminate the extra que for that purpose but I do miss the original floor plan. All the extra guitars and rock artifacts that the old que passed by added to the Disney theming magic.

Thanks for this, I'm hugely excited to experience this ride again!

Thanks for the post - glad to see you're excited. We're excited too. We did discuss what to do about the fact that the ride has seen many changes both big and small over the years so what we decided to do is to make our recreation timeless. We're taking the best elements of different aspects of the ride - so the launch sign is the old yellow version, but the gravity building is the new blue version (because I modeled it, my favorite color is blue, and that's the color it was when I worked the ride).
We're also leaving the "Stage 15" sign on the gravity building which was removed during the repaint.

So it's sort of an idealized version of the attraction - showing the ride in its best possible form. I know it's slow going, but there's a lot going on behind the scenes so just stay tuned - there's more coming soon!

Posted July 19, 2020· Edited July 19, 2020

thimok posted on July 18th, 2020

Looking nice! However, it seems the timing with the music is off in the second and third part of the ride.

Thanks! This is timed to a run without trim brakes. Often times trims will be applied in the first break run so that accounts for the 1-2 second difference in pacing when it comes to entering the corkscrew and second mid course.

We might add the trims but when I worked at the real ride often times there were no trims - just depends on the run.

This is quite a cool project! The attention to detail is very impressive for sure. I must admit, when I visited WDW for the first time last year, Rock N Rollercoaster was actually not one of my favorites. Perhaps it might have been because I was there in June, and Florida is literally hotter than the sun, but I actually felt a tad motion sick after RNR. Perhaps if I ever make it back there I'll give it another chance. Until then, I look forward to downloading your recreation!

Posted September 28, 2020· Edited September 28, 2020

We’re all so excited to get this recreation released to you all. We’ve had some busy days as of recent so we haven’t been able to work as hard as we used to but more is on the way! So “Just keep it right here” on the project coaster forum

1 to 25 of 62