Skip to content

Mega Roundup 350 - Winner Joseph Pojunis! List Posted

1 to 25 of 39
Posted January 22, 2020· Edited September 21, 2020

https://forms.gle/vj1uB4pRFoLjC1T49

Hey folks, so we've done mega epic roundups every 50 roundups since 100 and the results have been amazing. Before I officially commit and to the next one and determine the prizes (and yes we know we're super far behind on Wheelies), I wanted to gauge everyone's interest in setting up the contest again for 350.

What does everyone think? I'd like to hear from the people who do create these projects and videos, not the ones who view them. Are you planning for 350?

-Ride_Op

Just my two cents, but I honestly feel like it would be better for publicity and turnout if you held off on RU350 and made an even bigger push for RU400. Other than it being a "cooler" number, waiting until 400 would allow you folks to catch up on the prizes, make an even bigger presence/hype on social media, and it would allow creators to have more time and build better projects. RU350 might end up being a filler competition, so why not hold off and make the biggest and the best RU400?

I was hoping to participate but I will be away from my PC for the entire Summer which probably won't let me work on my projects as much as I would like to - I might have to hold off until Roundup 400.

It might be worth noting that it feels like many projects don't even get started until sometime in the summer, if not later. After a mega roundup, I feel there are always people that say they're going to get started on their project for next year, and those never seem to make it past January.

So, many people who might end up wanting to enter may not have been struck with their inspiration yet

I think holding off till 400 would be a good idea, brings a newer generation of NL2 creators time to develop their skills and have a shot of gaining a spot instead of the same set of people

If held I would probably have something to enter. But I do agree with what others above have stated that maybe holding off until RU 400 would make a bit more sense to allow more time to develop an project. I am amazed and honored I made it into the Honorable Mentions for RU 300.

I have a 60% finished RU250 project shelved somewhere that I recently dusted off: I will be able to finish that for RU350 if it is held.

I'm currently working on something I hope will work for R350. I can understand the logic of holding off another year, but I personally quite like them as an annual tradition. I find it encourages me to work on something big and genuinely impressive instead of just releasing small filler projects where I frankly don't challenge myself as much creatively.

I wasn’t able to get something out the door for RU300, but hope to for RU350. With two kids under the age of 4 though, it’s definitely not a guarantee of getting something out on any particular timetable

Well, time to be honest.

The Loopys and Wheelies were built by a friend, who also bought the raw materials and shipped them out, including internationally. The Glowies and the upcoming ride posters from Made To Thrill I bought and paid for out of my own pocket to ensure you guys all had a cool prize to work for. With the Coronavirus causing tons of economic devastation, including getting my wife laid off, the extra funds to buy another set of prizes for 350 just aren't there. Not helping was a huge tax bill from dipping into my IRA to buy the house. Thought we put enough aside for taxes, but, we did not.

So, given all of that, and the community leaning toward taking the year off, this year's roundup 350 will be a normal roundup. Our next Mega Roundup will be 400, when I'll be able to afford another cool prize, including shipping half of them (or more) internationally.

Yes, prizes for 200 will still happen, even though they may change shape or form somehow. And the ride posters are being designed now. And there are 2 Wheelies we had to remake which are slowly being worked on. We'll make good on all of it.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. I want these to be fun, and we all look forward to watching the videos every year and seeing who made the roundup. But, need to take a year off and return again for Roundup 400 when we're ready to go again.

Thanks folks.

-Ride_Op

At the end of the day, just because there is no roundup 350 doesn't mean you cant make some epic projects regardless, and prizes or not, i have thoroughly enjoyed every major roundup held so far whether it be watching the reveal in a crazily overpopulated discord chat or spending countless hours placing details that 90% of people wouldn't even notice.

Good luck in getting through the insane circumstances at the moment and thank you for all the support (both financial and inspirational) That the roundups have provided to help this community grow and thrive, hopefully this will blow over sooner rather than later and the world will regain some form of normality by the time roundup 400 does roll around. Im sure there will be some amazing projects with such a long break and could well be the best one yet!

Element 115 posted on March 25th, 2020

...watching the reveal in a crazily overpopulated discord chat or spending countless hours placing details that 90% of people wouldn't even notice.

A perfect summary of what makes a Mega Roundup fun. It's definitely one of the biggest reasons I'm still in the community. Regardless of whether you won or even entered, those reveals are always a blast.

@Ride_Op, the transparency is absolutely appreciated, and I think we can all be understanding of the crazy situation the world is in right now.

Is it possible that, whether official or not, we could still have a prize-less Mega Roundup 350? Or are those specifically defined as having prizes? I might have expressed this before, but for me the Mega Roundups seem like one of the core reasons that there's still a strong community built around NoLimits. I love seeing the projects people create, and even sometimes entering my own.

I could be misguided in suggesting people would even want to push for this, as I know the response prior was generally leaning towards no Mega Roundup until next year. But if there's any interest, I think it could be nice.

Posted March 26, 2020· Edited March 26, 2020

I'm open to prize-less 350. I have the time to run the contest and get the judging coordinated. And the discord chats and reactions as each new video is revealed makes all the effort to run the contest and set everything up worth it.

The prizes were an incentive to get people to pull out the stops. If you all want to do it anyways I'd appreciate saving the money on my side. Plus, the irony of this situation is that people have a lot more forced time indoors!

What do you guys think?

-Ride_Op

Posted March 28, 2020· Edited March 28, 2020

Those who make things for the roundup purely to win a prize, I think, completely miss the point of the roundups. Sure the prizes are fun, but the best part about the roundups is seeing the top creators in the community come together and showcase some of the best projects the game has to offer.

1 to 25 of 39