Project New Coaster Concept
p o l y c o u n t
It looks really cool. But you have to consider that having so many polygons will cause your game to drop fps like mad.
I will only be doing renders. I have no plans to make this train work in no limits. A low poly version is easily possible though.
Ah ok that makes more sense. Please keep us updated with some teasers ;)
Here is a picture of the front of the road wheel. Sorry I had to blur out the rest.

It's so mysterious I don't think it would make a difference whether you blurred anything or not.
Lol ya its even mysterious to me. But im not sure whether to reveal the wheel assembly or not. It may be something special or it may not even work at all. I think building a scale model is the only way to know for sure. And i got a 3d printer...
I think this is possible.

Im still working on this, got a lot done!
Got the seat finished! Its a fantasy race car coaster.
OMG , are u a professional designer ?
This looks amazing, do you use Solid works or what program do you use?
Ya i'm using solid works. I'm definitely not a pro but I must say some of the renders of the car I have done look sick!
I have been struggling to make a car body that looks decent. This is my 4th revision and it still looks stupid. But I only got 1 week left until I get busy with work so unfortunately this is going to have to do for now.
I think maybe the lights are a bit exaggerated, and maybe the bottom of them could match the angle of the front grill so that area looks more cohesive. But with that said, I definitely don't think it looks stupid. You've probably just been staring at it for too long. With a little refining it could be really cool IMO.
DC High Heat posted on February 26th, 2020
I think maybe the lights are a bit exaggerated, and maybe the bottom of them could match the angle of the front grill so that area looks more cohesive. But with that said, I definitely don't think it looks stupid. You've probably just been staring at it for too long. With a little refining it could be really cool IMO.
I may give that a try. Thanks!
I agree with DC about the lights. Maybe try more subtle curves & angles?
But what you've got there looks really good. The exposed shocks at the front give it a bit of KTM X-bow look.
Well I ran outta time. My day job is going to get very busy so I wont be back at this for a few months. I dont got the body finished and I still want to build a full track.
The modeling is beautiful! Very well done. Just wondering, how do you bend the track?
Thanks! Bend the track like building it in real life? It would be plate steet thats plasma cut and bent and welded together.
Jaynen posted on March 15th, 2020
Thanks! Bend the track like building it in real life? It would be plate steet thats plasma cut and bent and welded together.
So like RMC's I-Box track?
Yup RMC technics were some inspiration.
It looks like a coaster that is focused on speed like Tower of Terror II and Superman Krypton but in a modern look. It's pretty cool tho!

I have decided to start modelling a new coaster train. The goal is to create something that hasn't been seen before that looks really cool. But for all I know maybe this has been done already. It has a new wheel assembly/boogie design that's about 75% drawn. I figured I would start a thread and upload some pictures as I go about drawing this. I hope to be finished by February 2020 or earlier. Work will determine how much time I get to spend on it. Here's a teaser to start things off.