Skip to content

Spez projects (Kings Island NL2, 360 degree videos + small updates)

1 to 25 of 52

This is a complete re-shaping of an old ride called Purple Peaks.
It was imported from No Lilmits 1 to No Limits 2, then converted to a different type of coaster.
And while I was at it, why not update the landscape and scenery? Numerous details and structures were added.
This is shot night time with purple light effects.
The track is available for download in the Exchange
Enjoy!

(Go to my old channel Spez1964 to see previous videos.)

Video:

This just oozes NL1 and I love it. Projects like this don't really seem to exist anymore, but remain one of my favorite parts of NoLimits. Nice work, and thanks for converting it over to NL2!

Here's a recreation of Thunder Dolphin, Tokyo Dome City, Tokyo.
This is something I have been working on (from time to time) between 2010 and 2014. In 2014 I imported the track from No Limits 1 to No Limits 2. Several parts of the park and scenery are unfinished. But the coaster track, supports and scenery close by are reproduced in great details, particularly the supports.
As it is apparent that I won't continue working this (I would rather make something else than going on with this forever), I decided recently to shoot a video of the ride and parts of Tokyo Dome City.
Keep in mind that the coaster and surroundings are depicted as they would appear around 2010. Many things changed since.
Hope you will enjoy the ride!
NL package is currently unavailable

Jetcoasterfan posted on June 12th, 2019

Can you ride the ferris wheel?

Unfortunately, no. When this wheel was modeled for NL1 it was not possible to animate. NL2 allows scripts to animate, but it would have involve modifications on my 3ds model.
Didn't feel like reworking this complex model.

Kings Island (phase 1) is in the making. It should be a thorough recreation of the park with all it's coasters, with some of the flat rides as a bonus. Only some flat rides are available right now in NL2, so there will probably be some empty spots. My intention is to release the park in consecutive phases.
Phase 1 consists of: The Beast, Vortex and KI train.
Phase 2: Diamondback and Mystic Timber
Phase 3: Backlot Stunt Coaster and Racer
Phase 4: Banshee and The Bat
Phase 5: not sure (there's a new coaster coming in...layout to be confirmed by more than speculations)

Here are some pictures of the current state of the park

A few bird's eye shots:

I'll need to work on the texture mapping for the helix tunnel

The storage shed will be improved. No station yet.

Many additional supports will follow

Some pix of Vortex (supports also to be made)

ngreenberg2019 posted on July 2nd, 2019

Dude! This is amazing! I congratulate you on the progress so far and I am hype for the completion of this project. Keep up the good work!

Thank you, dude. Of course, completion will take a while. I just hope KI won't demolish more coaster right after I finished recreating it...

Some progress mainly on The Beast:

Some new details added and cars color updated

The storage shed and wood platform are completed. The catwalk passing over the track will be added at the same time as the station

Some detailed work support on the second main drop

Wide supports and steel cables are currently being built on the helix

The Beast viewed from Wind Seeker. I will be using several flat rides made by RIDE and M34. Some of those flat rides are incredibly well crafted!

The train track basic layout is done. There will be a lot of landscaping to do. That large surface area surrounded by the train track will be occupied by Mystic Timber in phase 2

More updates in a few days!

If you can find decent plans, anything better than what I've managed to track down, I'd be very interested in providing you with track and supports for Mystic Timbers, since I've become quite familiar with GCI supporting following a custom modelled structure for Wicker Man.

Posted July 15, 2019· Edited July 15, 2019

I am still working on several aspects of the Beast. This will most likely be the most intricately detailed coaster of the park. One challenge I made for myself was to do as much as possible with NL2 supports system. The beast is perfect for this as it is pretty much all wood (station, catwalks, queue line, sheds). It certainly is challenging. When I reach a point where this is not possible anymore, then I'll start with the 3D model software. For the moment I rely on available props and accessories made by others. The station is particularly tricky. I'm halfway through with it, maybe 60% done. There are a few more buildings to do (chain engine sheds on both lifts)
Here are some updated pictures:

Some POV shots showing the track work

The station currently under construction

Wide supports are in also in progress. I insist in making those supports right, hence the long time it takes to do this. (I think I'll be also like that for Timber, being biased for woodies)

More later...

Posted July 16, 2019· Edited July 16, 2019

When you make Banshee you should use SirMaverick34's New-Gen B&M Invert cars which can be found here

They are pretty good and they look like this:

Awesome work so far btw ;)

Posted July 16, 2019· Edited July 16, 2019

I will get it. Banshee is in phase 4 as it is, so it will be months (most likely) before I get there. But it's good to gather more tools ahead of the work to be done. Thanks for the tip!
SirMaverick34, is it the same M34 who did all those marvelous flat rides? Cause this guy did an great job!

Posted July 16, 2019· Edited July 16, 2019

Spez posted on July 15th, 2019

I will get it. Banshee is in phase 4 as it is, so it will be months (most likely) before I get there. But it's good to gather more tools ahead of the work to be done. Thanks for the tip!
SirMaverick34, is it the same M34 who did all those marvelous flat rides? Cause this guy did an great job!

No Problem, Ya he did do a great job

The station is almost finished. I'm just struggling a bit with the contraption at the front which used to be a fountain. Regardless, I'm quite happy with it.
First, the skeleton

Then, the result

Inside. Note the ceiling, made with an in-game fence, scaled, colored and rotated.

Some queue line shots

Meanwhile I also added more track details

And some birds eye views

More later

This last week, I have been mainly reworking Vortex, correcting mistakes, tweaking the track and a lot of support job. It is about 75% done. When done, I'll jump in the 3d modeling for the station, and other coaster accessories for both Vortex and the beast.
Here's some screenshots of the progress:

I will pay particular attention to details like emergency/maintenance stairs. This takes some time, but I think it makes a difference.

The support structure underneath the double loop is still to be done as well as for the bat element. I'm still looking for decent quality pictures of the latter. Anybody out there have them? If not, I'll rely on videos.

More later...

Posted August 12, 2019· Edited August 12, 2019

After a short break, I resumed work on Kings Island NL2.
I finished the supports for Vortex and started on 3d models.

First, a glimpse of what will become the train. It may not look like much, but this will be the front wheels of the locomotive. I had to make sure first that it fits the rails. However, I will release phase 1 without the train, as this will be too long to build.

Several shots of Vortex's supports

Concrete as been poured around the switch table and the station platform is in place.

The building is currently under construction.

A few a accessories for the Beast:
The horizontal friction wheels

Window glass and AC for the comfort of our ride operator

Cameras to capture screaming faces

And some lights for night rides

To do next: Vortex station, Beast entrance and chain motor sheds, additional structures and pathways to place between the 2 rides
More news later

I have been working mainly on Vortex station as the pictures will tell. I also performed some scenery and script tests for the train and White River Canyon. Those are not pictured yet. Not all the tests were conclusive. I just want to make sure that I'm ready and know what I'm doing when I start phase 2.

The central tower is done except a few details.

The octagonal tower with stairs is yet to be made.

The interior is almost finished. I will add queue gates and accessories later.

The operator cabin. This area will also have a motor shed, lockers, etc...

Some distant views

1 to 25 of 52