Skip to content

REBELS RUN - The STAR WARS experience by CoasterDude

51 to 57 of 57

Little technical pet peeve with those elevator doors - they look like they're telescopic, shouldn't the "slimmer" door move 2x as fast as the "fatter" door and shouldn't they slide to the same position?

Apart from that minor little thing, the entire project is stellar and I really love what you're doing with it.

ThatFlyerGuy1 posted on February 17th, 2021

Little technical pet peeve with those elevator doors - they look like they're telescopic, shouldn't the "slimmer" door move 2x as fast as the "fatter" door and shouldn't they slide to the same position?

Apart from that minor little thing, the entire project is stellar and I really love what you're doing with it.

I was thinking about that too, and that is correct.

Posted February 17, 2021· Edited February 17, 2021

MrRC posted on February 17th, 2021

Yes and no, but how did u make it work with the delays and /or did u use and second coaster run in a loop with tracktriggers ?
Wud be not only for me, but also interesting for others.

I used 4 different loop show scripts. Here's what i drew myself to get the timings and positions right:

Imgur

Shows start at 0s with closed doors and elevator in top position. Everything returns to start positions at 80s and the show starts again.
I hope this was helpful in some kind of way!

Skyscraper posted on February 17th, 2021

I was thinking about that too, and that is correct.

You are both correct and I'm well aware of that fact. There's a very simple reason i did't make the slim part of the doors move faster: I wanted to keep this as simple as possible while creating a nice addition to the area. If i would do this technically correct i would have to do a lot more scripts and induvidual objects to achieve this effect.
But i think i got it looking pretty nice and when surrounded by walls it creates a nice illusion of the doors moving.

Fabulous park! I just have a few suggestions along with the new trains in the next update. Well maybe just one. A launch sound OFFRIDE. Example: Taron’s Second Launch in Phantasialand can be heard from all around that area of the park. If you put in a launch sound off ride, it would definitely add to the ambience and the experience in general. Also, the exit station restraints don’t open.

51 to 57 of 57