REBELS RUN - The STAR WARS experience by CoasterDude
Looks awesome!
Video looks great, will it be appearing on the exchange?
03.11.2020 20:00 GMT+2
Biggsl02 posted on August 1st, 2020
Video looks great, will it be appearing on the exchange?
Thank you! Yes, I'm planning to upload it to the exchange.
HYPED!!!!
Hello there!
Just a small Update: A lot of things are getting finised right now. Pretty much the only thing that's left to model is the indoor part of the queue which will be quite a task because i do not know what to do there. I'm maybe thinking of a Kyber Crystal refinery but don't really know how i want it to look like....

The Crysal Cave got its scenic walk

New signs were installed all over the Park

Cantina with its seating areas

Area Overview
Coasterdude
And here's me thinking it was done after the POV. That last overview shot is unbelievable! It's awesome how much detail you've put into the entire area, not just focused bits.
My goodness, this is really really really an awesome work!!!
Hello there!
First: thanks to everyone above.
I posted some early stage shots of what i did the last couple of weeks on Discord some time ago and just wanted to share a small update of the progress I made.
I started modelling a custom train which is pretty refined to date:




I didn't have much time to work on the completion of rest of the scenery due to work and life outside of NoLimits, which is a bit of a problem because I seriously want to finish this project within the year 2020. But I'll try my best to get as much done as possible the next two weeks.
Coasterdude
The train looks great! The textures and small logos on the side make it feel like it's straight out of Star Wars! That grass in your stage environment also looks cool. Is that a custom auto plant texture that you've used for the grass?
Marc posted on December 15th, 2020
The train looks great! The textures and small logos on the side make it feel like it's straight out of Star Wars! That grass in your stage environment also looks cool. Is that a custom auto plant texture that you've used for the grass?
Thanks.
The autoplant was made by Timo :)
Heads up Rebels, Imperial Shuttle incoming!
Sorry I didn't make it within 2020. I'm close! Very close! But i felt like the whole area was lacking a bit of Star Wars vibes when strolling around so i decided to put some extra effort into makig some more stuff. There will be 4-5 more individual vehicles/ ships added to the scenery to explrore while walking around the park. I'm already done with two of them.

Coasterdude
Man, this is really coming to life. Missed the above posts but I like all of the offboard interaction you have like the cave walkway. The composition of the whole land is really pleasing.
The one thing jumping out at me is your walkway texture, it looks very obviously tiled. Fixing that would really push the immersion of your hard work.
Can’t wait to see more!
Hang on troops, reinforcement has just arrived!
'A Rebel U-Wing has landed in your area! This is our final run to defeat the Empire and regain posession of the last Kyber Crystal mines within the Outer Rim territories'

Some more details I'm currently working on:





A113 posted on January 14th, 2021
The one thing jumping out at me is your walkway texture, it looks very obviously tiled. Fixing that would really push the immersion of your hard work.
Thank you, but I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Would you suggest using a different Texture?
Coasterdude
CoasterDude posted on February 2nd, 2021
Thank you, but I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Would you suggest using a different Texture?
I think that's what he means, but obviously it's your choice :)
Great work CoasterDude! It's obvious that you've put a ton of time and effort into this project and it all looks incredible.
For the pathway texture, I think what they're trying to say is that from the aerial views you've shown, it's very repetitive. A larger texture with more variation and randomness to it would help to make it look more realistic.
^ Yes, this is what I meant. A larger texture with more variation will make the ground feel a lot more realistic, but this is obviously a nitpick.

It reads like a tiled checkerboard from here instead of an organic dirt texture.
Everything is looking fantastic otherwise.
@ Coasterdude
If u make some kind of bezels around the windows and edges of the building it feel more detailed

So first off, this project looks amazing. For the ground texture, you might be able to get away with adding a larger diffuse cloud texture to break up the repetition. To do this (and forgive me I’m not in front of my computer so this is from memory) make a new nl2mat. In the textures tab add second texture (the first texture is by default the one read in from the model). In the built-in NL2 library, go to terrain and SFX and select the grey diffuse cloud. In the mapping tab, make the map based on the global coordinates with something like .1 in the X column for the U entry and .1in the Z column for the V entry. This will give the diffuse cloud a 10 m repeat. Under the nl2mat shader tab, select custom and use “Result=mul(Tex0,Tex1);” to combine the textures. It might make your texture too dark. You can make it lighter by saving the combination to a temporary variable “Tmp0=mul(Tex0,Tex1);” and then add some brightness “Result=mul(Tmp0,1.1);”. Change the 1.1 number to adjust brightness.
Sorry for the text dump. Replying on my phone. If need be, I can make a more understandable response at some point from my computer.
@MrRC
I'm adding all kinds 'desstruction' and bevels to some (not all because of the polycount) of the edges all over the area. So i have to the shown building now.
Update
I sent a testversion of the latest version to RK to get some feedback and to check if everything is working as intended.
Progress:
- New music theme at park entrance
- Entrance Doors opening shortly after arriving at the park
- Scripted elevator for wheelchair access
- all kinds of details and adjustments
To Do - Models:
- One more starship and landingpad
- Indoor queue
- Fountains at parkentrance
To Do - Scripting
- Attach trains to coaster
Ground Texture:
Thanks for your suggestions! I tried to use a second texture and some red lines in some areas to get some variation. So, how do you like this? Any better?


Coasterdude
Really good looking dude!
@ Coasterdude :
That ground texture looks much better then the old one.
Can u show how the
Scripted elevator for wheelchair access
looks like in a short movie ?
MrRC posted on February 13th, 2021
Can u show how the
Scripted elevator for wheelchair access
looks like in a short movie ?
I second this!
@MrRC and Skyscraper
It's just a very simple elevator and some doors.Did i make it sound better and more complex than it actually is? Really nothing exciting :D
Yes and no, but how did u make it work with the delays and /or did u use and second coaster run in a loop with tracktriggers ?
Wud be not only for me, but also interesting for others.

HYPE