Skip to content

NoLimits 2 Fairground - watch new rides live on YouTube!

1 to 25 of 29
Posted April 4, 2018· Edited June 2, 2018

Download from Coastergalaxyworld Website
Download from the Steam Workshop

Coastergalaxyworld and I are happy to announce the NoLimits 2 Fairground project.
It features:

  • 9 fully controllable flat rides with consistent keyboard and mouse controls.
  • Realistic models in typical funfair paintings.
  • Realistic ride physics and sounds.
  • Custom light, music and jingle board controls.
  • Multiple camera views for each ride.
  • A lively funfair and surrounding town environment.
  • Various forms of automatic ride control modes: Decide whether you just want to enjoy the rides as a visitor or having up to full control over each ride including closing and checking the harnesses by yourself.

Release Announcement Trailer:

Teaser 1:

Pictures:

Can you do a very early 1920s to 1940s carnival in the future? I have some crazy very old and rare carnival ride ideas for that vintage carnival if you do make it.

I feel like there's zero likelihood I'm going to be able to run this on my struggle-bus of a laptop, but damn it, I'm excited to try. Great idea & ridiculously good-looking execution!

If there are any rides in there that no one has yet made for No Limits (coaster) 2, it would be cool to be able to export the models of those for use there.

So is this a sequel to NoLimits Fairground, which was a separate program that only used the NoLimits name, or is it a bunch of flat rides we'll be able to put in our NoLimits 2 parks?

Posted April 6, 2018· Edited April 6, 2018

That's correct. It's a normal NL2 package.

We also have a strong eye on the performance, that means you might also get a decent experience on slower hardware, of course we want to keep a certain optical quality, therefore ancient hardware might get trouble to render the rather modern standard based graphics and calculating the physics fast enough for a fluid experience.

While it's not our main focus at the moment, it's possible that we will make park versions of the rides available for usage in own parks in the future. I think these special funfair versions with some dependencies on other park content will not fit in actual theme park environments. We also use special techniques and tricks on this map to be able to gain the performance optical quality ratio we want to achieve which would probably drastically decrease if the rides would be used without taking these measures in other park scenarios.

Posted April 11, 2018· Edited April 11, 2018

Every good fairground needs some food, gamble and treats stalls and of course we already have a party tent with a lot of beer in it that currently gets some painting enhancements.

Posted April 20, 2018· Edited April 20, 2018

Yes the trailer together with the release date, the 27th april have been published yesterday!

I also have some more screenshots for you:

Flatride number 9

Fairground view

Operating

Typical fairground activieies

This park made my GPU endure bootcamp and a FitnessGram Pacer test. Maybe I need to turn some settings way down.
A little disappointed that I can't extract it but I'm not gonna ask for the password since that would defeat the point of having one.

Extremely impressed from first impressions, the only main issue I had was understanding some of the dial's in the op booth due to them being labelled in german. I dont know if its possible or not to use those little info boxes at the start to change how the text is (i.e. replace the mat depending on what option is set) or not but it would be a welcome change

I see there is no signs to show what is entrance and what is exit for all rides. All the fairs i go to in america have signs what it entrance and what is exit.

Posted April 28, 2018· Edited April 28, 2018

This park, or better fairground, sets new standards for NL2 parks. It is 1.3GB of pure fun with plenty of interactivity and easter eggs. Correct me if I am wrong, I guess it is the largest park in file size released so far. It is also very well optimized and scales great with a good GPU. I do not see FPS lower than 70 on my machine (GF1070), very often I have 100+ FPS. Very well done. I am actually surprised how well it is running compared to how many scripts with all the ride physics were implemented. And thanks for allowing me to beta test this masterpiece, it was a lot of fun and ever so often I spent an entire day cycle in the park only to wait for the fireworks.

@COASTERGUY246: I think there was a discussion in the team about the dials in general. Even for me as a native German, I find them a bit confusing so even if they were in English, they would not be self-explaining. I understood the creator wanted to give you the ultimate freedom about what is AI and what can be done manually. That is the downside when giving you a lot of options. Well at least they are all the same for all rides, so you have to learn them only once and the info box at the entrance explains them in detail.

Easily one of my favorite projects, great job! There's so many little details that I spent a while just walking around and checking everything out. I had a good laugh at a few of those easter eggs.

1 to 25 of 29