Skip to content

The Hydraulic Launch Kit [Release + Tutorial]

1 to 25 of 60
Posted April 2, 2018· Edited April 2, 2018

Fantastic job! I will use it in the future! I just rode Kingda Ka today and I rode Xcelerator last week, so I have been thinking a lot about hydraulic launcehs!

It says the train keeps crashing. I have 3 trains, and 4 block sections. It was launching the first train, and then the second train wouldn't launch because the third on the last block wouldn't move. Then it just started saying it crashed and wouldn't even move at all. All transport devices are enabled and I followed the tutorial step by step. What happened?

@whereisthelambsauce (sorry weird name LOL), u have to make sure every block is longer then 1 train length.

I've been having another issue with this. It was working before, a little over six months ago. Now, I've been encountering a strange problem. I followed the tutorial's steps very carefully, making sure to convert the length to meters, placing the red dot exactly in the center of the crosstie. Now, when I load the park, I get this message:
Exception: NullPointerException
at public bool Chain.onInit() in line 153
at public final void com.nolimitscoaster.Script.run()

The coaster still launches like it should, but the hydraulic launch isn't actually on the coaster. The mechanism is sitting on top of the brake section that isn't invisible, and the actual launch is just sort of sitting midair off to the side. I took some screenshots but can't figure out how to post a picture here...
So anyway, what happened? And how do I fix this?

Posted March 27, 2019· Edited March 27, 2019

Ok, so the launch won't work for me. I keep getting an error that says "Cannot read XML file" any ideas as to what this is. I've never gotten this before, I don't even get the yellow box to place on the track.

Did you follow ALL the steps in the tutorial ? (placing the box, type separators and set invisible the launch part, set the name of the box as the length of your launch section) ? Or did you modify anything in the scripts ?

Posted March 28, 2019· Edited March 28, 2019

Coaster Blast, It's hard to do all that stuff when I can't load the parts to begin with. Like I said I don't even get the yellow box. without that I have no settings or visuals to go off of. I'm amazing at following detailed instruction. this is not a fault on my part I can tell you that

Posted March 28, 2019· Edited March 28, 2019

@ ThatKirbyGuy329 : U need to unzip the downloaded file, did u do that ?

I assume u did. Make an NEW empty park and place the downloaded kit into the same directory.

MrRC You know me without knowing me lol, of course I did that. however I have not tried the empty park idea so I will give that a shot. lets hope for the best

Update: did not work, I still got the same error, however I've copied the file error to paste here so there's better details on what is happening. here's the error I get.

XMLParseException in line 2: "unexpected character ':' in C:\Users\Kirby\Documents\com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2\newlaunch test\Hydraulic Launch Kit\Hydraulic.dae in line 2" in function: parseAttributes
Cannot read XML-File
C:\Users\Kirby\Documents\com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2\newlaunch test\Hydraulic Launch Kit\Hydraulic Launch.nl2sco: Cannot load scene object. Check the message console for details.
Failed file: "C:\Users\Kirby\Documents\com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2\newlaunch test\Hydraulic Launch Kit\Hydraulic.dae"

If I were to sync the launch script with my block logic script, how would I go about doing that? I have a duo station and send two trains out to the launch at the same time.

1 to 25 of 60