Skip to content

Self-introduction and an Arrow Hyper Mega Looper (WIP)

1 to 3 of 3
Posted January 15, 2022· Edited February 15, 2022

Hello, No Limits Central!

This is my first post, so I'd like to introduce myself. I'm both new and old around here, as I was fairly active with NLE back in the few years leading up to the release of NL2 and subsequent demise of that website. I was a sophomore in high school when NL2 came out, and unfortunately at the time, I did not have the means to buy the new simulator, nor a better computer that could actually run it. After that, and with NLE shutting down, I made an account here but pretty much checked out of actively participating in the NL sphere. Fast forward to last month, I've just graduated college and received a fantastic new ASUS laptop as a grad gift from my family. The first thing I did (after getting accounts set up and whatnot) was see if it could run NL2, saw that it could, and immediately bought it. Over the years, I've watched so many of the wonderful creations in NL2 on YouTube, some of which coming from the bright creative minds here, and am grateful that I am now able to participate again with you all!

Now, onto my first project!

Arrow Hyper Mega Looper

This project is meant to focus on at least a decent level of realism with Arrow mega loopers. It's based in if Arrow had built a hyper-sized mega looper in the '92/'93 timeframe, slightly ousting Magnum in height but not quite beating the still-to-come Desperado or Big One. It introduces a few improvements over the past mega loopers, such as raised second & third loops that require less of a trim, but continues in the lack of computer-aided design that Arrow was so stubbornly holding on to. Funny how us creating Arrow rides in NL2 is, in a few ways, more "advanced" than what Arrow was actually doing at the time.

I'm doing this hand-built in the editor and struggling a bit with getting the shaping of just about everything right, but am mostly happy with what I have so far:

Overview of the existing layout.

Side-profile of the lift & first drop. 208ft lift, ~74mph.

First loop, not sure how to improve the shaping here but it's a little off.

Double loops are a bit better, but all the loops have a bit of a "wobble" going through the top portion.

Another view of the double loops.

Airtime hill, -0.4 ~ -0.5gs

This transition into the low turnaround has been a pain to get close to correct.

Conversely, the transition out of it is pretty good.

MCBR/subsequent drop

Last element thus far, an elevated curve after the MCBR.

Anyone know how to remove the red stripe on the trains? I haven't been able to see that in my color options for the ride.

Any thoughts, tips, criticisms are greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoy!

EDIT: Uh oh, images aren't working, trying to fix it. Got em!

I think i may remember you from back in the NLE days, but i'm not 100% certain about it. But welcome back anyway.
Pretty sure the only way to remove the red stripe from the side of the train, is by making a custom car texture for it, as you have to use an image editor to change the colour of the stripe. Make it the same colour as your train body to effectively remove it. I'd give you some feedback on your ride, but i've been out of this too long to give you anything constructive, lol. So i'll leave that for the others.
Looks alright though.

Posted February 15, 2022· Edited February 15, 2022

Hey Womp83, thank you for commenting and the tip on the red stripe, will have to try that soon!

Finally got the layout finished:

After the MCBR and elevated curve, an elevated/angled helix.

Following that is another banked curve leading to the batwing.

This batwing was a mess to get the shaping decent.

From the other side.

From the back.

Post-batwing trim brake and curve leading into the corkscrews.

2nd corkscrew leads into an s-hill similar to Shockwave/Great American Scream Machine.

Which leads into the final two curves leading into the brakes.

All-in-all, I feel satisfied with the layout. Needs a few more tweaks here and there, but almost ready to try my hand at supporting/creating the storage tracks. The ride (still unnamed) comfortably runs 4-train operations at a 40-second dispatch interval, with a few interactions with itself at that rate.
Current base statistics:

Height: 208.8ft (63.6m)
Drop: 202.1ft (61.6m)
Speed: 74.6mph (120kph)
Length: 5,894.8ft (1,796.7m)

Hope you enjoyed!

1 to 3 of 3