Apple Silicon compatibility
It should work, and there is a free demo available for you to try out. However, we strongly recommend that you get a laptop or MacBook with a dedicated graphics card from nVidia or AMD. Integrated, shared resource solutions do not perform as well.
Easy way to tell: is the MacBook you are looking at capable of realtime VR graphics suitable for Oculus Rift or Vive, maintaining the appropriate resolution at 90+FPS? If so, it'll run NL2 very well. If not, it is not a good gaming machine and isn't likely to perform that well.
-Ride_Op
Ride_Op posted on November 29th, 2021
It should work, and there is a free demo available for you to try out. However, we strongly recommend that you get a laptop or MacBook with a dedicated graphics card from nVidia or AMD. Integrated, shared resource solutions do not perform as well.
Easy way to tell: is the MacBook you are looking at capable of realtime VR graphics suitable for Oculus Rift or Vive, maintaining the appropriate resolution at 90+FPS? If so, it'll run NL2 very well. If not, it is not a good gaming machine and isn't likely to perform that well.
-Ride_Op
Thank you for your answer! Tomorrow I will receive a new MacBook Pro 16" M1 pro. I will install my full NL2 game and I will update this post with the results.
Best,
Hi!
I received my new Apple MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro, 16Gb Ram, 512 SSD. I tested NL2 (Pro License) and its really great. I don't know if NL2 is using Rosetta to work under Apple Silicon chips. I set all the slider bar in the graphics settings to the maximum option, I set the screen to 3.456 x 2.234 and the result its really great. Just the FPS drops if the Anti-Aliasing is set to the maximum.
The answer to this thread is: Yes, NL2 woks with Apple Silicon chips (M1, M1 Pro & M1 Max). I hope new updates from NL2 devs to run the simulator without Rosetta.
Cheers,



Hi,
Anyone know if NL2 works with Apple Silicon chips or not? I am waiting to receive a M1 pro and I don know if I can use NL2.
Thanks