The Cinematic Video Thread
I don't make cinematic videos too often (which might be an understatement), but here's one I made of Escher Express, the one and only time that I have ever submitted anything for a mega-roundup (so far).
I enjoyed putting the cinematic part of this video together with sounds from real coasters. It's not as flashy as some other videos, but it makes me feel like I'm there. The coaster is an RMC conversion of a wooden coaster I made like a decade ago.
Late to the party, but I’ll do a bit of each: a video of mine and 2 videos of someone else’s.
I guess I’ll start with mine.
Scenery will never be my strong suit, which means for me if I ever wanted to place in a mega roundup I’d need to do some good video work, and this was the fruit that work bore. I placed 6th that roundup, and it’s still one of my proudest moments, like, ever. College graduate? Nah, fam. I made a video for a fake roller coaster that placed in the middle of the pack for an online contest.
I’m a fan of CG Coaster’s videos, easily one of my favorite video makers in the community. His stuff is always really clean in my opinion, and this video has some great transitions in it, especially the one towards the start of the last chorus.
Speaking of transitions, this video inspired the video for Superbloom immensely. Everything about it is just incredibly crisp and polished. The wipe transitions are really cool as well. All around a really great video.
I’m also going to +1 intim305’s AGRC-1 video because it’s great as well. I’m a sucker for slow motion and that part is easily one of my favorite bits of the video.
WARNING THIS IS SCARY!
Paradox posted on August 7th, 2021
WARNING THIS IS SCARY!
Rather lame then scary...
A super compact one for you all, but I'm not sure how cinematic this is
click here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msFZqzgMoqA
Lemme hop into this thread with my personal favorite video. Kunzite... this is a super cinematic video
I continue to come back to this video something about it. I don't know like an Ex you tend to get caught up on it, someone you keep going back to but you just don't know why. This video is a pure cinematic masterpiece. The beautiful shots, the coaster, music, and most importantly the Editing. I spent a long time on this and really love how it came out. I watched it over and over and over again and it gets better each time. The way the camera switches from each side of the train or how the slow motion parts line up with the slower part of the song, the lighting, and most importantly the POV, the way the frame opens up to show the full shot really just blows me away. How could someone like me make something so Good!? This video in my opinion is my best work yet. I still have not been able to top this true masterpiece!
Great thread! This is a fantastic primer for ideas and inspiration for video making, and will hopefully help folks understand what works well for the Mega Roundups. Remember, Roundup 400 is just 7 weeks away!
-Ride_Op

Hi guys! This is a thread where you can share cinematic videos that you have made of NL2 coasters, or ones that others have made that you enjoy. I thought that this might be useful for providing a balance between the videos people have made on their coasters and the rides themselves.
I'll kick things off with my favorite cinematic video that intim305 made for RU 250; even though it's not mine I thought that it would be hard not to post it: