Skip to content

Anyone ever done this in a coaster?

1 to 5 of 5

I'm yet to delve into the world of scenery and 3-d objects, etc. (I'm sure I'll have questions!), but for the moment, I'm creating a coaster for someone and have an idea. I'd like coaster to blast through a billboard (or even a thin wall) - one which I can put a picture on. I can't remember if I've ever seen something similar in the hundreds of coasters I've seen to date, but does anyone have such an object I could crib till I become more proficient? I wouldn't need to copy the whole coaster/park. Thanks!

You can find a billboard in Plantoris's Signage Pack. I have not downloaded the park, but I am sure that the images/textures on the signs can be changed. Billboards can be found in other parks, but their signage may not be changeable. However, you can always put your own images on them as separate scene objects; see here for a tutorial from bestdani.

LeedsUKNL posted on July 9th, 2021

I'd like coaster to blast through a billboard (or even a thin wall) - one which I can put a picture on.

Did you want the coaster to smash the wall (break it into pieces)? That will require some scripting, something that I am not proficient in. If you are able to make a custom billboard in two separate halves in a 3D modeling program such as SketchUp, You can make the billboard's two halves move in opposite directions to form an opening for the coaster to pass through (see here for an example) You can use bestdani's Instant Animations for that. making a billboard in SketchUp is very simple, and does not require much experience. Delete one half of the billboard and export the other, and then undo that and do the same thing with the other half to get two separately animateable halves.

Thanks for the links. It would be a straight run through - no disintegration! I did actually get SketchUp about 2 years ago, but it was incompatible with my PC at the time, so I did not pursue it. (However, I still get annoying emails from the product makers two years on!) In fact, I'm on the verge of installing NL2 on my brand new super-duper Windows 10 PC, so I shall see if that makes it easier to get to grips with.....

1 to 5 of 5