Skip to content

Amusement Park name and ideas

1 to 4 of 4

How do I make a amusement park so good in NL2 feel free to give me ideas and models

The idea.

The idea in no limits 2 is so I can have multiple coaster in one park.

but how do I make buildings using programs like wings 3d and get it to ready correctly to nolimits 2

and if I want a boardwalk how do I make sure it's a boardwalk like Daytona beach Florida

Posted July 1, 2021· Edited July 2, 2021

RedemptionGabe posted on June 30th, 2021

but how do I make buildings using programs like wings 3d and get it to ready correctly to nolimits 2

Export to .3ds, .dae, or .obj. If you click on the "filetype" at the bottom of the Select Scene Object tab, you can change it to your file format (it defaults to .nl2sco) and see what files NL2 is compatible with.

RedemptionGabe posted on June 30th, 2021

and if I want a boardwalk how do I make sure it's a boardwalk like Daytona beach Florida

Confused on what you're asking here. If you would be able to, could you provide a more detailed explanation?

RedemptionGabe posted on June 30th, 2021

How do I make a amusement park so good in NL2 feel free to give me ideas and models

Full parks in NL2 are hard to come by. a few I would recommend taking a look at would be Terra Park (by multiple users) and Lochedge Towers by Tyrush.

RMC It is right - there's not a lot of full parks in NL2, mainly cause it takes a very long time to make a full park and you might lose a lot of FPS if you don't optimize carefully. For inspiration on park design I recommend three things:

  1. Google Earth - study real parks you love and explore how they're built. You can even measure altitudes and grab the tape measure tool to measure building dimensions! It is incredibly helpful to understand spatial relations and park layouts.
  2. Watch Planet Coaster videos - I find more complete parks in Planet Coaster than I do in Nolimits 2. The Planco community has a lot of bright and creative minds so be sure to check them out and see how they handle their park designs.
  3. Documentaries. DisneyPlus has a documentary series called "The Imagineering Story" - watch it if you can. They're releasing another series on ride design coming out July 16. I've found plenty of other video series on ride and theme park design.
    I'll leave you a few below, but definitely look up some more on your own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tztpkgDLNAU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbQp53xHNo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2apx2YRSNes

I liked this guy's videos because he really gives a nice overview of many topics in theme park design.
He has a few more videos that may help you as well - and again, there's more out there so keep researching.

I agree with Coastin' Dave that Planet Coaster has much more complete publicly released theme parks than NL2, due to more diverse scenery in the game. If you want a high-quality theme park, you will have to create some of the 3D models yourself, as you wanted to with Wings 3D. Some people publicly share their 3D models, which might be helpful in your park. One website I suggest is Sketchfab, which has many 3D models that are free, although some are for sale. I recommend downloading the files, importing and editing them to suit your needs in Wings 3D, and exporting them to NL2. I often use SketchUp's 3D Warehouse for scenery in NoLimits, but it only works if you have SketchUp Pro (a free trial is available). Be sure to give credit though! ;)

1 to 4 of 4