Skip to content

Audio inside tunnels

1 to 9 of 9

TLDR; Using Area music does not play inside tunnel. Is there a specific play only on tunnel script?

Hi,
First of all sorry if this is in the wrong section, please let me know so I will move to the apropiate.
Well, as this is my first post here I might take the oportunity to say Hello World.
I have been lurking this forum for a while and enjoying sooo many maps from you guys that I have finally decided to be brave enough to create coasters.
I know I don't have the skills or talent that most of you have but I thought "If I do 1000 random maps I might make 1 of them decent :)"
So I decided to learn three subjects; video editing, map/spline/scripting and audio.
Ok, I didn't mean for this to be a movie script...

To the point:

I am currently creating a real mess where the track goes around a mountain multiple times. It goes through tunnels time and time again.
I had a weird idea to create a very basic soundtrack which contains a short loop with 5 different tracks. I have then exported them in different files and scattered them through the mountain.
The idea was that depending where you where in the mountain you would get a particular combination of sounds which would make you apreciate the melody in a different tone. Anyways this does not work as the movement of the coaster does not let you apreciate it. But I still like the result.
However I have a "problem" and Is that when the coaster is inside the tunnel the audio does not get through, which is GREAT as it does give a very nice feeling everytime you get in and out. But I would like to be able to play a specific track inside the tunnel which... Well I have found a good enough solution on the forums by the name of Phyter so I can add an onboard soundtrack with that specific channel so it plays on the tunnel but it also plays outside the tunnel. It all syncs perfectly and I am very happy with this new "mix". I am not proud of the music as it was my first attempt with FL but it does the job.
So I am preparing another coaster (sorry I don't want to spoil in case I don't finish it) however I want a coaster track - tunnel track - speaker track all to be different.
Anyways sorry for the long post (i will do a TLDR this was way too long XD)
I forgot to mention that I am using the Area music object (just in case the tunnel issue is with this object.

Many thanks in advance and all the best!

Posted March 29, 2021· Edited March 29, 2021

Edit: I have found sound sphere which will try tomorrow as it might help with other tracks, I am not sure with tunnels

I am using: AreaMusicScript.nlvm and the options that I have are as follows: sorry I need to figure out how to add screenshots.

I don't have that option, are you using a different option? I will search again the megathread just in case I took the wrong one.

Thanks for the tip. Kind regards.

Posted March 30, 2021· Edited March 30, 2021

No I did not, but now I have it. Thank you very much! It is amazing, it is all synched and gets through tunnels. I now have many ideas to do with triggers for specific spots to make the instruments intensify, however I will finish this one first as it is. It is almost ready and I hope to have it finished in a week or two. If you don't mind I will ask for your opinion on mixing tracks depending on the position so you'll be the first to know XD

Ps: in case you want to try with FL so you don't do the same mistake I did, when exporting there's an option called "Rende to last bar" and "split mixer tracks" which needs to be switched on (as long as all tracks have same length). Also on the sound object options you need to switch "play when muted".
Regards

Posted March 30, 2021· Edited March 30, 2021

Whats FL ? I don't use this Soundhelper with mixed sound tracks tracks.

U have to keep in mind if your system is lagging due hi graphic issues like very detailed building or a whole lot of lights, the music could go out of synq with your postion of your coaster.

U can use onboard sound, that will illiminate a whole lot of problems (at least out of synq)

My bad, by FL I meant Fruity Loops (daw software). I could not get them in synch until I figured out the "render to last bar". So far the track does not have any lights nor buildings. I am using the default objects but I guess they would still add up to usage. I will try and keep it simple. Thanks.

Posted April 7, 2021· Edited April 7, 2021

Hi,this is a test to add a video

In case this works, at the end I had synch issues the more time the coaster was on, so I did roll back to the audio I had with the original. Also the audio was in .wav format (a bit heavy) I will try next time converting to .ogg and see if it helps.

Many thanks, regards.

edit: It does work if you load the track (it'is in the exchange) however when recording for the video I did notice that the "full" audio also goes inside the tunnel. I still need to figure it out.

1 to 9 of 9