Another simple one I'm sure - but it's driving me crazy!
it isn't the ride start point but it is the spline start point, aka where the spline begins and ends its calculations from. to move it simply disconnect and reconnect the track where you want to move it to
And that green triangle you can use that as a roll to change the bank angle on that.
it's because of the way the roll system works, there's always a permenant strict node at the final connection point
Thanks everyone for your comments. I noticed it was visible when rolls were set to display, but couldn't see the connection. So it's to do with splines, huh? To be honest, I dismissed the word "spline" when first starting out in NL2, as it seemed to be a somewhat advanced feature that I didn't think I would ever need myself. Truth be told, I'm still a little vague on what it is exactly and whether it will come into my (limited) NL2 world, but I'm going to have a read-up on it........ thanks again.
LeedsUKNL posted on January 20th, 2021
[...] To be honest, I dismissed the word "spline" when first starting out in NL2, as it seemed to be a somewhat advanced feature that I didn't think I would ever need myself. Truth be told, I'm still a little vague on what it is exactly [...]
Splines are just all the curves. You don't really need to know the technical name for them, just that they're the path the coaster will take!
more specifically they're the curve the track is generated along, so if you have a heartline the track will be offset relative to the spline. it isn't an advanced feature or anything just something that's always there
Hmmm.... I've seen all that "heartline", center of rails", etc. business, but I remember thinking to myself "isn't that a bridge too far?!?!" ;) I just add my roll points and it gives me what I'm after. Having said that, there is a quirk(?) I've noticed. When I come back into a straight section after a 180 turn, I add a zero degree roll point. I would have thought that would suffice until the next turn, but no - the track seems to have a mind of its own" If I don't periodically add other zero degree roll points along the straight stretch, it sometimes wants to curve off of its own accord! Now that I've sussed a solution that works for me, I'm quite happy. I mean. I don't understand why it does it, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
LeedsUKNL posted on January 21st, 2021
Hmmm.... I've seen all that "heartline", center of rails", etc. business, but I remember thinking to myself "isn't that a bridge too far?!?!" ;) I just add my roll points and it gives me what I'm after. Having said that, there is a quirk(?) I've noticed. When I come back into a straight section after a 180 turn, I add a zero degree roll point. I would have thought that would suffice until the next turn, but no - the track seems to have a mind of its own" If I don't periodically add other zero degree roll points along the straight stretch, it sometimes wants to curve off of its own accord! Now that I've sussed a solution that works for me, I'm quite happy. I mean. I don't understand why it does it, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
Click on the zero degree roll and click strict, should solve that. Also for making it a smooth transition to the flat section, put a roll right before it (but not too close) that is about 5 degrees banked and adjust it along the spline until it is smooth (run over it in track view to check).
Sorry, I should have added that ALL my zero degree rolls are ticked "strict". Always have been. That's why I'm so surprised to have to add dummy rolls (some of the time, not always) to keep things level. Weird!

I'm looking at a track in edit mode (all other display options unselected), and there's a green triangle at what seem to be an arbitrary point. I used to think it was a ride start point, but to start e.g. in a station, you control that by selecting station (if so named) in Coaster Properties / Trains, right? So what is this green triangle's use? More importantly, how does one move it around / delete it? Sorry if this is really elementary but I've spent way too much investigating this little oddity already!