Thom's thread 'o' stuff [Speed Demon - late 1990's Premier LIM]
this looks really great! i love the flow between the elements, like the sea serpent and things
I still don't think I have ever seen a smoother radius comb from anyone else before. lol. Nice to see you around again!
The custom track looks quite amazing as well. Looking very forward to seeing what this turns into!
So it's been almost a week, not too much major progress has been made but I have been doing a few small things while waiting on the rest of the track model to be finished. Firstly, I created a Logo for the ride, something fairly simple and also quite late '90s. I might tweak some of the colors later down the line, but I'm happy with the overall shape.

Secondly, I remodeled the clamp brake. With the custom track, I can't use the NL2 one without it sticking out due to a slight difference in the height of the spine (and also the ties being different). After scouring the net for some photos and rough dimensions, then figuring out how the clamp system works, here is the result




I also plan to release it as a custom object for people to use on wooden coasters and such, but it still needs to be optimized, animated, and textured properly by secretimbecile
Finally, I have begun modeling the transformer boxes and the building for the rest of the electrical equipment.

It's still incredibly work in progress and hasn't really had much visual improvement yet, but that's because I have been fiddling with the scale of everything before I did any proper details. Like I said, not too much but hopefully, by the next update, the custom track will be fully ready and I can start working on the Launch structure.
@ Coasterguy246
That custom brake part looks VERY good.

Greetings to those who remember me (and for those that do remember from 2015 - 2018 I do apologize sincerely)
After about two years or so of not doing too much myself in NL2 since Paragon, I decided to give something I have wanted to do for a while a shot. With Copperhead by cb0688 being one of my favorite NL2 coasters and Jokers Jinx being one of my personal favorites from my east coast trip in 2018, I have always wanted to give making a custom layout Premier LIM a try. After about a week of work I have a layout that I'm extremely satisfied with, and after finishing the supports yesterday I wanted to show off a few more pictures of the ride
Don't worry about the red comb sections, I have my comb limits set at much lower values than the default settings to get a better visualization for more reasonable force readouts
Here are some photos showing some of my favorite support sections, the connectors were a bit of a nightmare to nail down, but once I had them figured out it wasn't too bad
As mentioned in WYJDINL2, me and Element115 have created a custom track model for the ride. I just wanted to fix a few minor aesthetical things, and since we could do it then why not
I have begun planning the area around the coaster, but I want to hold back on showing off too much since a lot of it is subject to change. However, some things like the electrical housing, station, and on-ride photo building are fully planned out. I tried to be as space-efficient as possible, wanted to use as much of the open space between the Brake Run and Station for as much as possible
The next thing on the list is to wait for the rest of the custom track to be generated and optimized, and while Element115 is doing that I will probably be working a bit on graphics for the ride, as well as planning out the structure for the station building. Feels good to finally be making proper progress on an NL2 project again despite how long it has been, I hope people like what I have so far