Skip to content

Is it possible to make the coaster rails glow?

1 to 8 of 8
Posted January 10, 2021· Edited January 10, 2021

Hey everyone, new(ish) NL2 user here. I'm working on a large park themed around Disney's "TRON: Legacy", and I am currently working on the main rides for the park. I want to make the rails on one of the coasters glow à la the Light Rail featured in TRON: Uprising. Is there an easy way to achieve this goal? Either through adding an emissive texture or just a setting in the editor? FTR, I am using the Twisted Standup Coaster Style, just in case that might change the way I would go about this. Also, if I were to do this hypothetical texture change and upload the park to the Steam Workshop, would it carry over properly?

Thanks in advance!
-100

There is a way to do this, but it involves using the Professional license of NoLimits 2 (despite the name, it is accessible to everyone, but is upcharged from the base version). I don't have professional so I don't fully know the process, but there are several other members on the forum who do have the professional version of NoLimits 2. Sorry I couldn't be of more use, but don't give up the search! :)

ThatFlyerGuy1 posted on January 10th, 2021

There is a way to do this, but it involves using the Professional license of NoLimits 2 (despite the name, it is accessible to everyone, but is upcharged from the base version). I don't have professional so I don't fully know the process, but there are several other members on the forum who do have the professional version of NoLimits 2. Sorry I couldn't be of more use, but don't give up the search! :)

Awesome! Thank you so much, I really appreciate the push in the right direction!

Posted January 10, 2021· Edited January 11, 2021

EDIT : I tryed but i can't help u with this problem

I'm not sure if its just only with Pro version but i might have a solution (i have a Pro version for abt 6 years) . Send me an email (see my profile) and i will send u a PKG file to let u see it.

MrRC posted on January 10th, 2021

I'm not sure if its just only with Pro version but i might have a solution (i have a Pro version for abt 6 years) . Send me an email (see my profile) and i will send u a PKG file to let u see it.

I think I mentioned this before, but sometimes people would like to be able to see stuff without having to email you. Just an observation.

Posted January 10, 2021· Edited January 10, 2021

@100PurrCentFurryFree I don't see your image (imgur)

Maybe u can do something with RMC rails ?

Posted January 11, 2021· Edited January 11, 2021

you can probably achieve what you want to with the light pattern creator, here's a tutorial for how to use that i found on youtube, especially if you apply an emission map to your chosen texture, which there is a tutorial for right here
(the site was down for me just now but hopefully it goes back up)

1 to 8 of 8