Skip to content

Simple(?) question about tunnels

1 to 5 of 5

Hi. Can any of you experts suggest the easiest way to provide a bit of illumination inside a tunnel? Rather than have 20 seconds of pitch darkness, is there any facility for having even a bit of light to follow the track round, even if it's very dim? Thanks!

NoLimits has lamp fixtures that you can place. In the "scenery" tab in the editor, go to "Chose...". Then, in the window that opens, select "library", then the "Park" folder, then "Lamp Set". There you can find a number of recolorable light sources to jazz up your tunnel

Thanks for that JP. I hadn't yet reached "inserting objects" in my ongoing NL2 induction, so thought ok, I'm going to have face it someday....! I managed to select the item as you said (any old spotlight to start with) then placed it a few times on my (tunnelled) track section. (Didn't think it had worked at first, seeing as the dots are VERY small!) However, when I played it, nothing showed at all. I thought hmmm, I've seen those "nl2sco" thing in libraries for other people's coasters....... I wonder if one is meant to copy items from the "general" library to the folder(s) for any individual coaster which wants to use it? Did that, but still no joy. Am I missing something fundamental here? Thanks!

Posted October 6, 2020· Edited October 6, 2020

If you're riding the coaster during the day, some lamps need to be switched on. Double-click on the object and check the box so they're always on. Spotlights should always be on, but lamps look better in tunnels. If it's night, they should automatically be on.

They also light up better in the simulator than the editor.

Aaaah, I see. It didn't make any difference at first, (i.e. nothing showed up in the tunnel AT ALL, not in the tunnel ground, roof or walls), but then I changed the type of object to another one and it all worked as you said. I clearly need to get to know more about the finer details of/differences between lights, lamps and spotlights! Something else to add to my list, sigh....... anyway, many thanks for your help!

1 to 5 of 5