Skip to content

Sammywhammy's Project Thread

1 to 1 of 1
Posted May 19, 2020· Edited May 19, 2020

Hello all! I'm Sammywhammy59, I was on the old forums as biZarRo, and since COVID-19 has given me time off of work and park going, I decided to buy a new PC and give NL2 a try (among other things, I didn't buy a PC just for NL2 lol).

This first project is one that I kind of had in my mind for a couple months. I had individual elements and a semblance of a layout in my head, with the overall concept basically being "what kind of a coaster could be nearly universally regarded as THE best in the world?" There are two manufacturers that typically show up in that discussion, being RMC and Intamin, so I went with Intamin and decided on a Giga coaster that would reach 100 MPH. The layout takes inspiration from a lot of Intamin coasters, with the biggest ones being Hyperion and Walibi Belgium's 2021 concept as well as bits and pieces from I305 and Expedition Geforce. I made the track in Newton 2, and I turned the friction setting to NL 1.6 just to keep things a little closer to the forces I chose in the Newton 2. I'm not the greatest at handbuilding and I'm comfortable with Newton 2, but I'll probably get around to learning FVD++ eventually. Also, I decided to name it Ultra Violet, which is a name I've been sitting on for awhile and use whenever I'm building larger hyper coasters playing through the scenarios of RCT Classic.

Anyways, I'm open to any feedback. At this point, I'm not going to go back and redo the track but feel free to comment on the shaping of any elements so I know what to think about in the future.

Here is the 370' lift, which I'm guessing is probably over-supported. I modeled it after Hyperion's lift, and will go back and add flanges later.

My favorite first drop I have experienced is Expedition Geforce's, so I had to include it in this one. Also in this shot is a 200' "YEET" hill, which sustains -1.4 gs for nearly 2 seconds.

Here is the turnaround section, with a Hyperion-esque twist and dive and high-positive g helix which sustains nearly 4 g for the duration. Since everyone raves about the twisty parts of I305, I figured this would be a good spot for a couple.

Here is the 2nd yeet hill, which marks the halfway point of the ride and leads into a spaghetti bowl section similar to Superman: the Ride. However, this one is much more exciting.

A better view of the spaghetti bowl, which features elements straight off of some of the newer Intamins, including a wave turn, off-axis airtime hill, and plenty of airtime. The ride rarely goes below 60 MPH during this section.

Here is the station and transfer area. Not too sure how realistic this is, but I definitely wanted a separate unload station and this is the best I could come up with. I might try my hand at some object creating to make a better looking station, queue, and plaza area in this corner.

1 to 1 of 1