Skip to content

Bungalow Bay Resort - Nolimits Park

1 to 20 of 20
Posted May 18, 2020· Edited June 15, 2020

Background

Opened in March of 2015, the Bungalow Bay Resort is located right on the border of Tempe and Scottsdale, Arizona. The resort entrance is along McKellips Road and joins the nearby Cavalia Odysseo Horse Show and the Phoenix Rising FC Soccer Complex. Bungalow Bay features some unique attractions, in a setting that has not been seen before in the western United States region. Your vacation starts as soon as you pull into the park’s state of the art virtual parking garage, which is included in your park ticket and purchased before arriving to the park. This is aimed to minimize guest-parking time and to enhance your visit. You can opt to stay in one of the park’s resorts, the Malihini Cove or Back-Bay Bungalows, which gets you special benefits throughout your stay, including extended ride time and a special all-inclusive food and drink plan. Right as you enter the park, you are immersed into a tropical island theme and you come face to face with a 220ft volcano that is surrounded by all kinds of high-energy thrill rides. The park operates year-round with modified hours on specific attractions to fit weather conditions during winter and summer months

How It Began

This is a project I started in the Summer of 2018 and finished that same year near the fall. It was initially supposed to be entered into the Mega Round-Up, but I just did not have time to make a proper video. Bungalow Bay takes an obvious heavy inspiration from Volcano Bay at Universal Orlando Resort. I actually got the idea of this project during my internship at Universal Creative. I loved the idea of an island theme park with a volcano at center, but with rollercoasters instead of water rides in the surrounding area.
There have been videos released previously for the park, showcasing the rollercoasters and water ride. However, with some extra time at hand, due to obvious reasons, I decided to go back and re-master the park, making it better than before all while adding a new land to it. When it was first released, the park had 3 distinct lands which can be seen below. As mentioned, a new and exciting land has been added with this “re-master” and it features a brand-new rollercoaster and a relocated pirate ship ride.

Lands

Tiki Beach

At the foot of the Poolau Volcano, visitors are welcomed to this tropical paradise with a grand entrance. It is truly all fun and games at Tiki Beach, enjoy great times with the family as you sit back and enjoy the Poolau Bay, some cold island drinks, or take a ride on one of the three attractions. Features: Rum Barrel, 'Ohana, Wiki Wiki

Ka’Uhane Island

The island is home to the unwanted spirits of Bungalow Bay who are trying to take over Tiki Beach. Spiritual Master Heewaa stalks his island’s visitors and invites them to take a journey on twisted and wicked rides throughout his island. Can you make it out alive?
Features: Kapu, Koa, Hoku

Poolau Point Reserve

It is no wonder the world’s leading researchers flock to Bungalow Bay’s Poolau Point Reserve. With wild expeditions and an imposing mountainous adventure, you are sure to find something new in this area. Be sure to check out the Poolau Makeke to find some amazing eats!
Features: Mauka, Lani, Wilderness Expedition

Treasure Cove

The newest and most secretive project that Bungalow Bay has ever constructed. Treasure Cove is home to the pirates of the Poolau Bay. Long before the park was constructed, infamous pirate Red Beard hid all his riches deep inside the cove. The only way to find his treasure is to join the Bungalow Expedition team on their quest inside the cove.
Features: Treasure Quest, Powder Monkey

Rollercoaster Statistics

Since this is supposed to be a new park, having just opened in 2015, it was challenging to be modern and unique. I think the variety of coasters is off to a good start. It is amazing that what started out as just Three rides is now a big park. I look forward to adding new rides as time goes by. As you can see, something is already being planned for the 2022 season!

Park Walkthrough (Updated 06/15/20)

Instead of making a video of the whole park, I decided it would be cool to do a walk through of all the areas and show images. I will probably update this weekly till all four areas are covered. As we go along, I will give credits where it is due, and at the end I plan to compile it all into a list

To start out, we arrive at the park’s road entrance which features a large double-parking garage and a PV covered car park for employees

Once parked, you then enter the heavy foliage and come to a three-way fork in the pathway, to the left is the Malihini Cove resort…

…To the right is the Back-Bay Bungalows

…Straight ahead is the main entrance to the park

Now we find ourselves in Tiki Beach

To the left is the Rum Barrel rollercoaster and the Wiki Wiki flat ride. TheCodeMaster’s Furius Baco train is used here, with some updated textures, along with SirMaverick34’s Scrambler flat ride.

To the right is the ‘Ohana rollercoaster and the Tiki Beach Plaza

…To be continued...

Posted May 18, 2020· Edited May 19, 2020

Super impressive! The level of detail and consideration you've put into this is inspiring. Can't wait to see more POV's and eventually walk the park myself!
I really like that the park feels like a complete idea that has been cohesively put together over a number of years. Lots of parks end up feeling like individual rides strewn together and feel out of place with each other without the immersive park lying in the foundation. Looks great!

Posted May 25, 2020· Edited May 25, 2020

Thank you for the feeback thus far. As promised, here is the weekly land posting! Today I present Ka'Uhane Island....

Ka’Uhane Island

The island is home to the unwanted spirits of Bungalow Bay who are trying to take over Tiki Beach. Spiritual Master Heewaa stalks his island’s visitors and invites them to take a journey on twisted and wicked rides throughout his island. Can you make it out alive?
Features: Kapu, Koa, Hoku

We start out at the entrance to the land which is not super special, a bridge takes you from Tiki Beach onto the island

Here are views of the plaza, this is the smallest land in terms of roaming so there is not a whole lot to see

First up is Hoku, Sir Maverick34's Revolution flat ride, which is nestled into the rock

Next we have Koa, a Vekoma Family Boomerang that is tangled with Kapu. As you can probably tell, the obvious inspiration for this land is Klugheim at Phantasialand

Alas, the main feature of the land, Kapu. This quadruple LSM launch coaster is arguably the best ride in the entire park. This ride features a lot of things created by the awesome members of the community.

-TheCodeMasters LSM Kit... for fins and trains, which I have remastered the textures of the train and added a custom theme to them
-Bestdani's custom block script... in order for it all to work
-Projektion's B&M Details kit... for the sensors
-3creativeD's light set.. for various effects

You may have seen the video for this before as this is my third iteration of the ride, but it has some track changes once again and I tried to create a better on ride audio for the ride this time around :)

That is it for this week. Next week we will dive into the Poolau Point Reserve. Happy Memorial Day to my fellow US folks. Thanks!

I love this! Seeing a full park is a rarity. I would suggest looking at your big spaces of rockwork though, there's a lot of grey and not a lot of foliage, particularly around Kapu and the Volcano itself. The solid blocks of grey could do with being broken up a little bit, either with foliage itself, or painted rock, suck as Volcano Bay itself:

In all seriousness, I absolutely amazed on how detailed your parks are. What I'm really looking forward to is the eventual release of your Hersheypark recreation. The hype for it is real! It seems that everyone here is patiently waiting for it to be uploaded. Good luck on any future projects and I look forward to it's release.

Amazing the very high level of detail in your park. Wud love to see the water coaster. I noticed u had a watercoaster / ride in your park, while watching an onride from one of your coasters.

Replies

@Coastin' Dave - The hyper will be in tomorrow's update :)

@AndreAkaMe - If it wasn't for you, I would not be as into making full parks in NL2 as I am, so thank you for the inspiration. Certainly tests your patience. I totally agree with you about the volcano texturing, I tried a few things with vegetation early on, but just couldn't get it to look right. Any suggestions on how to do it best in the future?

@Jetcoasterfan - I have not decided yet, I want it to be, but I will have to go in and probably delete/fix things up so it runs better in the sim. That goes for most of my projects....my newest one, which is in the works now, is the first time I took making it available to people into consideration from the start.

@ngreenberg2019 - Thanks for the kind words. I am waiting till I can see some more details in the real Chocolate Town until I release parts of that. I am not necessarily making a full recreation of the park, probably just parts of The Hollow and Chocolate Town.

@MrRC - Thank you, the water coaster/boat ride thingy will be posted tomorrow :)

@themeparkfan - Thank you!

I would say foliage is probably your best bet, things like bushes and stuff like that. Normally that kind of stuff is locked to the ground but if you double click on an object you can untick the “lock on terrain” box, and then rearrange them around the base of the volcano/other places that look right on the rocks.

Poolau Point Reserve

It is no wonder the world’s leading researchers flock to Bungalow Bay’s Poolau Point Reserve. With wild expeditions and an imposing mountainous adventure, you are sure to find something new in this area. Be sure to check out the Poolau Makeke to find some amazing eats!

This area is one of, if not my favorite, and extremely photogenic. Special thanks in this area go to...

SirMaverick34 for drop tower ride
Plantoris for fence pack and coaster accessories
TheCodeMaster for remastered tree pack, and Intamin LSM train seats (used on Wilderness Expedition)

We start out at the entrance to the land which attempts to have a “research” vibe

To the right of the fork in the pathway is the Wilderness Expedition water ride and Lani, a drop tower
“The Wilderness Expedition brings the idea of a water ride to a whole new level. Float through the area surrounding the Poolau Volcano and take two plunges into the bay below at speeds reaching 49mph. Be careful when your boat enters Ka’Uhane Island, Master Heewaa is always out protecting his island from the visitors”

Lani is a 100ft tall second gen Intamin drop tower ride overlooking the Poolau Bay

At the left fork in the pathway is the Poolau Makeke, which is essentially an open-air market where there would be crazy types of food. You know, like oversized overpriced kinda stuff :)

Per usual, last up is the main feature of the land, Mauka. This coaster uses all 200ft of the parks height restriction and takes massive inspiration from Mako and Candymonium. I spent a lot of time making sure shaping was pretty accurate on all my rides for respective manufacturers, and this one I am most satisfied with

That is it for this week. Next time we will dive into the newest area in the park, Treasure Cove! Thanks!

RMx999 posted on June 2nd, 2020

Can we download it?

You only need to look harder and you'll see that Tyrush still has areas to show. Be patient, he'll think about putting it on the exchange once he's shown off all the (beutiful) areas.

Posted June 3, 2020· Edited June 3, 2020

RMx999 posted on June 3rd, 2020

Sorry my english is not really good, so i didn't understand everything.

No worries mate, didn't mean to sound rude. We get a lot of people asking those sorts of questions and it gets on my nerves.

1 to 20 of 20