Why isn't my coaster tall enough?
Your blue dot (Vertex point) might be at 75' 0' but the highest corrected track position might be lower.
MrRC posted on November 27th, 2025
Your blue dot (Vertex point) might be at 75' 0' but the highest corrected track position might be lower.
I'm not quite sure I understand. If the lift crest vertices form a circular arc, does NoLimits2 not draw a circle at the same heights as the vertices?
Skye posted on November 26th, 2025
I'm not quite sure I understand. If the lift crest vertices form a circular arc, does NoLimits2 not draw a circle at the same heights as the vertices?
Thats correct.
Does your center of rails reach 75ft? If not, that could explain it. A way to solve it is to make the tallest track vertex "strict" to force the spline to go through that vertex at 75ft.
This → NL2 Editor tips & tricks may help you with some background information, as well as this one → Wikipedia - B-spline.
NoLimits Explorers posted on November 27th, 2025
Does your center of rails reach 75ft? If not, that could explain it. A way to solve it is to make the tallest track vertex "strict" to force the spline to go through that vertex at 75ft.
This → NL2 Editor tips & tricks may help you with some background information, as well as this one → Wikipedia - B-spline.
Hi, thanks for the links :)
I'm not quite sure what you're asking with whether the centre of the rails reaches 75 feet.
I've attached a screenshot from the profile diagram, showing the top of the lift. As you can see the topmost bent/ledger is 75 feet, so I've set the blue dot of the track vertex at 75 feet. Obviously the track is built on top of the ledger, so the centre of the rails should be higher than this.

The height shown in the Coaster Properties/Statistics tab is measured at center of rails. So to get that number of 75ft, the center of rails must reach that height.
The vertices are spline control points, not track coordinates. Together with the adjecent vertices (read "control points), a spline is calculated by interpolation. Unless you force the spline to go through a vertex/control point by making it strict, there's no guarantee that the center of rails spline intersects the vertex.
Perhaps you can post a screenshot of your NoLimits design, to have a better look. Though, you probably have 3 vertices, one at the top at 75ft, one to the left and one to the right, both at a height lower than 75ft. I suspect the top vertex is not strict, causing the center of rails to reach only 74.6... ft which is what the coaster properties shows.
NoLimits Explorers posted on November 28th, 2025
The height shown in the Coaster Properties/Statistics tab is measured at center of rails. So to get that number of 75ft, the center of rails must reach that height.
The vertices are spline control points, not track coordinates. Together with the adjecent vertices (read "control points), a spline is calculated by interpolation. Unless you force the spline to go through a vertex/control point by making it strict, there's no guarantee that the center of rails spline intersects the vertex.
Perhaps you can post a screenshot of your NoLimits design, to have a better look. Though, you probably have 3 vertices, one at the top at 75ft, one to the left and one to the right, both at a height lower than 75ft. I suspect the top vertex is not strict, causing the center of rails to reach only 74.6... ft which is what the coaster properties shows.
Ah, thanks, I thought the track vertices were where you wanted the track to go.
I did try to make the vertices strict, but not only did it change the X and Z numbers but it also reduced the height of the track even further, instead of forcing the track up to 75 feet as you said it would. When I made several successive bents further down the lift strict, it changed the entire slope angle of the segment represented by those strict vertices - again, reducing the height so it no longer made sense.
I did try to make the vertices strict, but not only did it change the X and Z numbers but it also reduced the height of the track even further, instead of forcing the track up to 75 feet as you said it would.
That behaviour is expected. The track spline is forced through the strict vertex. Now the height/coordinate of that vertex is interpolated using the two adjacent vertices. If you put both of the adjacent vertices at a height of 75ft, the strict vertex is guaranteed to have a height of 75ft. If one or more of the adjacent vertices are also strict, use the ones adjacent to them :) In your case, I expect you only need a single strict vertex though.
When I made several successive bents further down the lift strict, it changed the entire slope angle of the segment represented by those strict vertices - again, reducing the height so it no longer made sense.
The change of the track slope suggests you need more vertices to achieve your goal. You can insert a vertex between two existing vertices using the option in the Track-tab.
Other than that, I feel like it's a matter of playing around with the options like inserting vertices, make them strict or unstrict, see what happens and get a feel of editing the track spline along the way. It's definitely possible.
This is awesome, Project_S! Getting the friction 'just right' in NL2 usually involves a lot of trial and error and wasted test runs. Having a tool to calculate it properly based on real-world data is going to save a ton of time, especially for anyone trying to build realistic recreations.

Hi all, I've just finished a recreation of a coaster. The highest ledger height on the plan was 75'-0", and that is the height value I gave for the tallest track node at the top of the lift. However, when I go into the coaster statistics, it says the maximum height of the ride is 74.6657 feet. Why isn't it 75?