Skip to content

How does NL2's track banking work?

1 to 6 of 6

Let's say I put a banking marker on top of a track node and set the banking to 45 degrees. What exactly gets banked to 45 degrees? Is it banking the ledger under the track, or something else? I've tried to work this out by having a single node and then using the wooden support generator, but for some reason the game hates the idea of banking a single node and refuses to do it.

Posted May 15, 2025· Edited May 16, 2025

U have an start vertex and an end vertex and inbetween u have your angled (roll) node.
Try this.

Banking is handled separately than the track shaping. Vertices will shape the centerline path of the track (or the heartline path if you're in heartline mode). They do not control the angle of the track anywhere except at the first and last vertex. You have to add Roll Nodes along the track to set the banking throughout the track. This separation of track shaping and banking controls allows for very smooth tracks and very smooth rolls.

-Ride_Op

Posted May 19, 2025· Edited May 19, 2025

Thanks, but that’s not quite what I was asking.

Let’s say I place a track vertex. Then, on top of that track vertex, I place a roll node and set the roll value to 45 degrees. What exactly gets rolled 45 degrees, and how?

The reason I’m asking is because the banking values on old rollercoaster blueprints tell the builder how much to bank the track ledger.
What I don’t know is how NoLimits banks track, which means I don’t know how to convert the numbers the old engineers state so that NoLimits will render the banking correctly. I hope that makes more sense!

1 to 6 of 6