Updating Code Master's Dynamic Intamin Magnetic Brakes.
See my private massage :)
Systron posted on February 27th, 2025
See my private massage :)
Help is generally more productive when it's available to the community at large.
ThatFlyerGuy1 posted on February 27th, 2025
Help is generally more productive when it's available to the community at large.
Sure. I just wanted him to sent me the park and show me there explicitly what the script should do. Then I can see how long this task will take time for me and if I have enough time to do it. If I fix it I can post the solution here.
I work on it and will make the result public soon. I make the brakes full customizable via the scenery object window in the editor.
So I reimplemented the script for the dynamic brakes so that one can customise the brake's auto-snap position and its complete behaviour via the scene object instance properties window. No scripting needed. The complete soruce code can be found in "CustomizableDynamicBrake/CustomizableDynamicBrake.nlvm"
I love these so far. One problem, however. The X adjustor changes the position ALONG the track rather than side to side. In addition, you should either A: adjust the fins up trigger so that it can also be placed after the train passes rather than before, or B: put an option to have the brakes go back up right after the train passes.
Excellent job on these guys! I've been looking for these brakes forever. I know it's a lot to ask, but is it possible to modify the brakes from Coasterpete Modern Intamin Trains? I can send the files to either of you. I don't know a thing about scripting, but if you guys don't want to do it, I'll understand.
What do you want to do with coaster Pete’s Intamin brakes
Is it possible that it can be turned into a custom dynamic brake like you and Systron did with TCM's brakes?
Well TCM brake was already dynamic but could only go down with speed and the coaster had to be called INT. However you should be able to use the brake with coasterpetes trains assuming your using the Modern Intamin LSM coaster. These brakes fit perfectly would those trains.
You want a different custom brakes check the 3D model of it, add your brakes and change the name to match.
This is a dumb question, but what would I name it?
You could see the script and stuff however if you import the model into blender you’ll see the parts names and could change it to be the same.
I see, thanks for the info!
I am busy at the moment. I will try to address the questions / issues next week in detail.
So I updated the brakes to version 1.1. I removed some bugs and added additional features. You can find the new version here and on Steam.
On the Steam page you find detailed descriptions of all changes I made and explanations for all features.
SentinelParks posted on March 6th, 2025
I love these so far. One problem, however. The X adjustor changes the position ALONG the track rather than side to side. In addition, you should either A: adjust the fins up trigger so that it can also be placed after the train passes rather than before, or B: put an option to have the brakes go back up right after the train passes.
To 1) Yes, the problem with the "x-adjustor" was a bug. It is now fixed and should work properly. I also added an option for a longitudinal offset.
To 2) I added an option that you can decide if the triggers are triggered if the train enters or leaves the trigger.
To 3) You can do this by putting the leave trigger one train length away of the entry trigger. (Also the new trim-brake feature with "speed limit" and "hysteresis" can be used to change the behaviour of the brake even more freely, see steam page for detailed description of this option)
Cheers,
Systron
HyperRushProductions posted on March 9th, 2025
Is it possible that it can be turned into a custom dynamic brake like you and Systron did with TCM's brakes?
I changed the code a bit so that it is now possible to adapt the code to other brake models very freely. It also works now when the new brake model has more then one fin and the moving direction of the fins can be chosen freely too. So it could also be used for friction brakes at which the brake shoes move together towards the mid.
I think it is now as easy as it can get to include a different model. There is still no scipting needed. But you have to open a script file and change the values of a three variables to make it work. You can find a detailed explanation how to add an other brake model in the park description on the Steam page.
Cheers,
Systron

If you're bored and know how to script I need some help. I'm trying to modify the dynamic brake fins from Code Master's first New Gen Intamin train. I'm trying to have the fins be in sync with an actual block section or trim brake. The thing is that I don't know anything about scripting. I can send you the park package if you want to try to solve this. However, if you have or know of a custom dynamic brake that can move you could also share that with me so I can modify it and change it how I'd like it. Thanks in advance.