Hyperion(Working Title)
That last inversion does look a little tight. Is that a hyper stand-up?
Looks like you're getting a good handle on FVD. The layout isn't very realistic, though. The pre lift turn interacts a little too closely with the next block, especially at a spot with such high speed. As far as hitting the manufacturer's style, the loop and the corkscrew look good, the rest is a bit off to be honest. That second inversion doesn't seem like anything B&M would do, especially for a stand up. Looks like serious whiplash there!
Also, think forward about supporting.. what are you going to do with that mess of track over the station? Looks expensive to support, hehe.
I would also recommend trying to keep your speed down entering the MCBR. Want to take full advantage of the kinetic energy provide by the lift! You'll also want to make sure it can clear the next block if it does have to stop there, and the slower it enters the brakes, the better chances you can achieve that without showing the train down at all on the MCBR.
Keep up the good work though; definitely showing promise and control with FVD!
Thanks for the feedback!
Soko posted on May 4th, 2020
That last inversion does look a little tight. Is that a hyper stand-up?
It is a twisted floorless coaster. I wasn't very satisfied with the entirety of the back half of the ride, but for the purposes of practicing FVD I was determined to finish it out to see what I could produce. I am planning on revising the whole layout again.
FrankLeeMadere posted on May 4th, 2020
Looks like you're getting a good handle on FVD. The layout isn't very realistic, though. The pre lift turn interacts a little too closely with the next block, especially at a spot with such high speed. As far as hitting the manufacturer's style, the loop and the corkscrew look good, the rest is a bit off to be honest. That second inversion doesn't seem like anything B&M would do, especially for a stand up. Looks like serious whiplash there!
Also, think forward about supporting.. what are you going to do with that mess of track over the station? Looks expensive to support, hehe.
I would also recommend trying to keep your speed down entering the MCBR. Want to take full advantage of the kinetic energy provide by the lift! You'll also want to make sure it can clear the next block if it does have to stop there, and the slower it enters the brakes, the better chances you can achieve that without showing the train down at all on the MCBR.
Keep up the good work though; definitely showing promise and control with FVD!
My goal for this wasn't to achieve realism in any kind of way, as I am still finding it challenging to be more deliberate with my control over FVD. I do agree that the pre-lift turn is problematic. I used a force section to create that. Should I use a geometric section instead? I was thinking of bringing the height of the whole ride down, as it is now I do feel like it is too intense of a ride. I general kind of aim is to keep the overall layout in plan fairly compact, as if it were built on a smaller plot of land.
I was having such a hard time with that second inversion, in my mind I wanted to create a cobra roll, which I understand is not easy to make. I have been following along with some tutorial videos on how to make them but was unsuccessful.
Force sections aren't a bad way to create the pre-lift turn, but can be difficult to do so. I would use them when going for something like Medusa or Yukon Striker as they're a bit more unique and can require more finesse. Others like Superman: Krypton Coaster are more straight forward with a geometric section, I think.
Here's how I did a cobra roll on a previous project. The roll sections at the top are a bit off-center, making the rolling action at the transition from half-loop to half-cork a little bit snappier, and the valley between a little less-so. This was my best attempt at a cobra roll similar to the one on Wildfire.

Be careful with these though, in my experience it's really easy to pinch the trains, especially at the second peak of the element. We don't want it sagging too low, but it's lost some speed and really doesn't want to come back up as high. So there's a delicate balance of cruising through the element with good pacing and forces without the cars colliding.
Hope that's helpful.
Ah yeah, that screenshot is helpful. I will keep trying.
I decided to revise the entire layout in general. Went back and brought the total height down. Overall I feel like the layout does work a little better. I think some work is still needed on the back half of the ride.
Anyone know how to get a blank "white space" environment in NL2? I recall back in NL1 having that kind of blank environment made for cleaner testing screenshots.

Hey all, I haven’t used NL2 in a few years, but picked it up again recently and I’ve been trying to practice using FVD++.
Finally feel like I’m starting to get the hang of it. Would you mind giving me some feedback?
I’m not super happy with some of the transitions or layout towards the back half of the ride so would probably redo that part. Have a look! ☺️
https://youtu.be/JvYqiWuuAPc