Skip to content

Sector 4: Containment Area || Godzilla and Kong || Teaser Trailer Posted!

1 to 5 of 5
Posted April 30, 2020· Edited April 30, 2020

After finishing Icarus: Wings of Steel, I thought that I could make some improvements on the B&M giga coaster design process using the things I learned there.
For instance, the bottoms of my hills were mostly constant vertical g's where I think I've got a much better technique now. Using the 'Center' and 'Tension' options on the curves greatly improve the smoothness, especially during these moments. I've applied them liberally, but subtly, to really lock in the shaping.

So, I set out to make a more compact giga coaster, pulling inspiration from Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America. Like Raging Bull, Godzilla draws from many other coasters in its class to create a unique layout. Starting with a massive ampersand sets the tone for the aggressive B&M, and dropping from over 100 meters high sets a very fast top speed of nearly 155 km/h. The layout only had room for one big airtime hill, and it certainly is big, reaching higher than 80 meters. Next, an oldschool element, the hammerhead. Drawing from Fury 325, the ride goes into a horseshoe element* preceeding and proceeding two very fast and low turns under the lift. The ride finishes with a mini-ampersand with a hard turn into the pseudo mid-course break run.

* I think that's what we're calling that element, please correct me if I'm wrong!

Posted May 3, 2020· Edited May 4, 2020

Progress:

Supports are getting there; just need to run through and clean up the auto-flanges and triple-check clearances.
For now the bulk of the track is a medium spine, so I need to change a few spots. Also need to adjust the cross-tie spacing, something I neglected on Icarus.
How's the color scheme? The trains are the same color as the track, like how Leviathan is, with baby blue bogies as a touch of Godzilla's atomic heat beam.
Also..
Godzilla: King of the Roller Coasters
or just
Godzilla: King of the Coasters
??

Wow this thing is massive, I love it. For colors, have you tried a Godzilla Grey for the track and Atomic Blue for the supports? I feel like that may come off better than green and purple. As for name, I like "King of the Coasters" better. Overall, looks fantastic!

I haven't really been updating this thread as I've worked on this coaster, but I have been working on it!
And so has PvM, who made the absolutely amazing station for Godzilla.
I've also put in a classic B&M Hyper to go alongside the ride, and called it Kong. The theme for the area is now a containment sector for two of the most dangerous movie monsters on the big screen.
So without further adieu, here's the trailer for Sector 4: Containment Area, set to release by Christmas.

I want to include both theme songs for each ride in the video when I officially release the rides, so I'll need to do a test upload to see if I get strikes for either of the songs. Crossing fingers I don't, cause these songs are a bop, especially Kong's theme. :D
Godzilla's Theme
Kong's Theme

1 to 5 of 5