User Editable Colors
CCA_Games posted on December 23rd, 2024
I know this may sound silly but does anyone know how to make the colors apply to certain Entity Numbers in the NLSCO Materials tabs?
Check your email
I made a lil test with a colored cube, 1 side only to see how it works.
Feel free to ask again.
Is there a reason you insist on doing everything by email? You don't help anyone by doing things by email. Forums should be a community resource.
For those who don't know:
You need a basic understanding of the NL2 Shader language.
- Enable the entity in the scenery materials tab
- In the material, change the Shader language in the Shader tab from 'Default' to 'Custom'
- Towards the end of the block of text, add in the line:
Result = Entity0;-- you MUST include the semicolon.
Make note of which Entity you have enabled (there's 8 to choose from!). Replace the 0 with the entity number - 1 (i.e. the first Entity will be Entity0, the second will be Entity1, etc).
@ ThatFlyerGuy1
I understand but so this user i did send it to, he can look how all the settings are done, it was including a colored cube and *.NL2MAT file
@ CCA
Did u got it to work ?
I've been trying to do this. I'll try these instructions
UtahCoasterEnth posted on August 19th, 2026
I've been trying to do this. I'll try these instructions
Did u got it to work, or do u need some help ?

I know this may sound silly but does anyone know how to make the colors apply to certain Entity Numbers in the NLSCO Materials tabs?