First FVD++ Design
A bit weird to stop it suddenly in the middle, then accelerate it again, but the track seems pretty smooth. Turning off the look-ahead camera would help to determine how smooth it is. Also, is heartlining turned off? It kind of looks like it is. The final brakes are curved too, but it can be difficult to make the transition from FVD to straight track.
RE: Second launch, Yeah, I figured it'd seem odd, I did it because I'd like to add some sort of interesting theming to it (still brainstorming that all.) Was aiming for like a maverick type deal. Just noticed that Maverick doesn't come to a full hault though after you mentioned it. Also, how do I turn off the look ahead camera? I'm not sure what that is
RE: Heartlining, I made it in FVD where it was heartlined @ 1.1m. Should I change it to heartline in NL2 also when I import it? I wasn't sure about that, I thought it might double the effect. Yeah that whole final curve is hand built so I'll need to play around with it to get it straight. Thanks for pointing that out!
Not a bad first attempt. Looks like you understand how to get it going in the direction you want it to instead of letting the program take over; showing some control I mean. You'll learn more of the nuance in shaping your track as you practice.
And yes, you should always match the heartline value you used in FVD++ in the sim, it doesn't automatically do that for you.
For the camera, I like to use the 'fly-by' camera and put it center of rails, either at the heartline or "attached" to the front car just above the rails. These perspectives give a more clear picture of what your ride is doing than the shaky cam you start in by default. The fly-by camera defaults to center of rails when you start and switch to it, so if you only use w and s for forward and back, x and space for up and down, you'll stay in the center of rails.
The shaky cam is nice when you want to 'ride' your rides though. :)
FrankLeeMadere posted on April 9th, 2020
Not a bad first attempt. Looks like you understand how to get it going in the direction you want it to instead of letting the program take over; showing some control I mean. You'll learn more of the nuance in shaping your track as you practice.
And yes, you should always match the heartline value you used in FVD++ in the sim, it doesn't automatically do that for you.For the camera, I like to use the 'fly-by' camera and put it center of rails, either at the heartline or "attached" to the front car just above the rails. These perspectives give a more clear picture of what your ride is doing than the shaky cam you start in by default. The fly-by camera defaults to center of rails when you start and switch to it, so if you only use w and s for forward and back, x and space for up and down, you'll stay in the center of rails.
The shaky cam is nice when you want to 'ride' your rides though. :)
Thanks! I heartlined it in NL and it made a world of a difference with some elements. Much, much smoother now. I appreciate the feedback!

Used to handbuilding for years and decided to try and learn FVD. Here's my first creation. Little rough around the edges but I'm proud :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83BViT_evXQ&feature=youtu.be