Need your help to import transparent image !?
U can add a nl2mat at any surface of an object.
Hello ;)
I tried but did not succeed ... I had to miss a stage or option then. Is there a youtube video that I would have missed or a tutorial to explain myself? Because I tried to put a transparent image on one with nl2mat then on a simple object with NL2SCO editor ... but the image was not in transparency.
I may be able to help.
In your NL2MAT settings, go to the 'transparency' tab, and where it says Mode, select the 'Cutout' option. The 'Transparent' option also works, so just play around with the settings in that drop down box and see what looks best. But that will make your spiderweb image visible, while the rest of the image/background is clear.
I'm using a similar thing in a ride of mine. Surface plane with a PNG image using an alpha channel, applied to the plane.
See if that works.
The NL2MAT editor has a tab dedicated to transparency where you can select different modes. Change the mode from "opaque" (that's the default) to "transparent" and it should work.
Imaginaut posted on April 6th, 2020
The NL2MAT editor has a tab dedicated to transparency where you can select different modes. Change the mode from "opaque" (that's the default) to "transparent" and it should work.
when i try i have this result :
and i want this result ...
@ neoxian check your PM
Finaly it's done !!! I will done a tuto because is not so easy to find solution alone.
a preview of my coaster with PNG spider webs imported
neoxian posted on April 8th, 2020
a preview of my coaster with PNG spider webs imported
Something gone wrong

Could someone please help me and futher explain this. SInce I exported my .Dae model and with the NL2SCO editor I was able to import the model. But the transparant texture doesnt work. Even when I select it, and save it as a NL2MAT file in my park, it's stil opaque while I want to create transparant green glass.
Geminus posted on May 1st, 2024
Could someone please help me and futher explain this. SInce I exported my .Dae model and with the NL2SCO editor I was able to import the model. But the transparant texture doesnt work. Even when I select it, and save it as a NL2MAT file in my park, it's stil opaque while I want to create transparant green glass.
Send me your PKG file of your park to my email (See profile) and i will take a look into that.

Hello,
I am a novice but after seeing many tutorials I learned to use the editors, as well as 3D studio to import 3D * .3DS objects in Nolimits, but I block on a subject ... I can't import in Nolimits a transparent image like for example an image in * .PNG to make an object which would therefore be a transparent image ... To tell you the truth I would like to create spider webs in Nolimits 2 ... I have tried a tutorial found on steam but nothing to do ... I had the idea of creating a 3DS MAX surface plane with an Alpha / opacity map image to create transparency (and it s done in 3D studio) and then import it into Nolimits ... But the object once in Nolimits the spider web image is well on the surface of the 3DS object imported, but it is not transparent, it's opac image.... Someone could help me to find a solution to my problem of transparent image in Nolimits ? A tutorial? I did not find anything on youtube or google .... I lose hope to make spider webs in my coaster ....