Skip to content

Libertalia

1 to 5 of 5
Posted March 24, 2020· Edited March 24, 2020

Shortly after Wildfire was constructed at Kolmarden, I was inspired to build my first RMC coaster in a very similar style, while also taking elements from various other RMC's around at the time. This file has sat on my pc for the last few years and has gone through several major changes, I had practically finished the ride, including theming and environment, when I decided to completely redo it all from the ground up. The layout and support work was completely overhauled and with this a completely different theme and environment was chosen too.

It went from being this:

Wilderness Springs

to this:

Welcome to Libertalia! Themed around an abandoned and hidden pirate town built centuries ago. Let me know what you think.

All the pictures are poster size if you wanna look at em big.

Hey, great seeing you back! Loved the scenery and terrain interaction on this. Great supportwork too.

I think the only thing I can critique is the trackwork since that's my wheelhouse. It's 95% there, but I noticed it wasn't entirely spot on in the shaping. For instance, the barrel roll(s) are not linear, so they accelerate and decelerate in and out. Real RMC's tend to have a linear rotation in the middle. And overbanks and such tend to hold an angle instead of blending right in and out. Small stupid stuff like that haha.

Fantastic ride though. Given that Terra is such a huge undertaking, I'd love to see more one-off projects like this if you have the time. The adventurous feel of all your projects never fail to give me theme park withdrawals!!

1 to 5 of 5