Roller Coaster Miniatures
Looking really impressive! What's the scale of this?
Thanks! Somewhere around 1/350. It's quite small, around 2.75in tall. For reference, the base is quarter inch thick acrylic.
Very cool! How long do these take to make?
-Ride_Op
It took me quite a while to design this first one because I was still figuring out the best way all parts would attach to one another, what materials to use, the scale, etc. It took about three months from initial idea to the final product. Lots of prototyping, re-designing, re-starting, and whatnot. Now that I've developed the method and know what I'm doing, it takes substantially less time. I should have the next model fabricated by the end of this week. Can't wait to show you folks.
Looking forward to seeing it!
Can you do steel as well as wood?
-Ride_Op
I'm still trying to figure out a way to make steel coasters look good. They would be a lot easier than wood! I made a boomerang a while ago and the track shaping was fine, but I wasn't super happy with the look of the track and the way it connected to the supports.
Here's the Phoenix model I've been working on. Unfortunately, the lab is closed for a while so I won't be able to fabricate anything until this virus panic passes.



Hi, I haven't been around this site in a really long time but I thought I'd share some of my recent work on miniatures here. They all start with splines exported from NL 2. Right now, I've only fabricated Blue Streak and a Boomerang that I'm not quite as proud of, but more is coming soon! This is made of laser-cut art board, cardstock, and acrylic. More of my work and progress photos can be found on my instagram.